KPM Newbie question

punkin47

I'm new to Kaspersky.  When I ran the password check, I got 2 compromised passwords.  When I click on the option to change the password on the site, the link takes me to a page with an error on it, not an actual website.  I'm not sure how I can change a compromised password. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 hour ago, punkin47 said:

I'm new to Kaspersky.  When I ran the password check, I got 2 compromised passwords.  When I click on the option to change the password on the site, the link takes me to a page with an error on it, not an actual website. 

I'm not sure how I can change a compromised password. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hello @punkin47

Welcome!

1. Firstly, in the KPM  application - password check - what are the *actual reason(s)* given for the compromised passwords?
  2. Are you able to go directly to the website, not via the link & sign in to change the password directly on the site? 
  3. Tell us what the error message is please? 
  • ?Before trying to change the password, make sure you copy the original password to a notepad/text file - so you have a copy of it when you are working on the website in question?

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks for your reply.  I'm not sure where I would look to find the reason the password has been compromised - can you steer me in the right direction?  When I copy path from KPM and paste it into my browser, I end up at the same page.  The link looks like it's a specific page within the website, not the home page.  Sorry if I'm not using the right terminology, I'm not tech-savy!

I have gone to the websites that were flagged and changed my password, I'm just not sure if I need to be concerned about the pages that were flagged as compromised by KPM or if I can delete/ignore the warnings.

2 hours ago, punkin47 said:
  1. I'm not sure where I would look to find the reason the password has been compromised - can you steer me in the right direction? 
  2. When I copy path from KPM and paste it into my browser, I end up at the same page.  The link looks like it's a specific page within the website, not the home page.  Sorry if I'm not using the right terminology, I'm not tech-savy!
  3. I have gone to the websites that were flagged and changed my password, I'm just not sure if I need to be concerned about the pages that were flagged as compromised by KPM or if I can delete/ignore the warnings.

Hello @punkin47,

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. Password check, for a compromised password or any other password problem - follow the image at the end of our reply please:
  2. We meant not to copy the path from KPM, but to go to a web browser & search for the site, say for example the site was Kaspersky Forum - go directly to the forum via the web browser & change the password there - we can see by your comments in 3. above, you've done exactly that - well done, bravo?
  3. Now that you've changed the password, KPM should no longer be showing the account as compromised, has the status changed

1 = Password check. 

2 = The red padlock shows how many times the account has been compromised. 

3 = Switch on / off security checking for a specific password by clicking Enable / the crossed bell button - say you've decided you don't have a problem having a *duplicate* password, here you would use this feature. 

image.thumb.png.274fc4dc56aab8d2552a754a9b187a2c.png

Resource:

Password check

Any questions or problems, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife