KPM autofill suddenly stopped working for some pages

thbadan

windows 10 pro 64 bit 2004 comp. 19041.388

KPM 9.0.2.5376 (k) / 1593510272_6509 / 1.0.363.0-0.8.3.0_1 (Firefox extension installed)

Firefox 79.0 64 bit (Lockwise disabled, AdBlock Plus, KPM and KP enabled)

My KPM suddenly stopped autofilling login and password for some sites and for other fills only password or only login. After deleting the entry in KPM for this problematic pages KPM does not prompt for saving the login and password.

Hello @thbadan,

Welcome!

1. In Firefox, what are the settings for Logins and Passwords?
  2. Is Firefox used with a Master password? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood,

Thank you for the fast answer!

1. In Firefox, what are the settings for Logins and Passwords?

In the autofill and autologin section I have enabled only Logins and Passwords option

1. Is Firefox used with a Master password? 

No it is not. The Master Password option is disabled.

• Open KPM…

I have autologin option disabled for all pages (intentionally :)).

In the meantime I have checked the problem with my old laptop (Windows 7) on which I was using KPM to login the the problematic pages for about two years. The the autosave/autofill problem is now also occuring on this computer.

I guess the problem can be connected with something (code change?) which happened on the login pages.

How can I send you examples of links? I don’t want to share them for everyone (University resources login pages).

Best regards,

Darek

Hello @thbadan, Darek, 

You’re very welcome☺ !

Thank you for replying and the information👌

• Is the problem only happening with University resources login pages?, if “yes”, and if the same issue is replicated on more than 1 device, that suggests the root cause may be a change on the University side rather than KPM🤔
  • Is the issue replicable if using a mobile phone, KPM/Firefox? 
  • Do you know any University peers who also use KPM/Firefox? If “yes”, are they able to replicate the problem? 
  • If the University resources require authenticated logins, it may be difficult for us to test, however, you’re welcome to PM the URLs (so we can check if we need & can create accounts, without being enrolled), noting all test outcomes will be published here in the Community, not via PM. 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳