KIS won't start, etc., Mac Mojave. [Closed]

Jakone
Go to solution Solved by mishealgo,

I recently installed KIS on my Macbook Air 2017 running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. My problem's very simple, however, it's causing a lot of problems. First of all, it's stuck on a window saying that KIS is starting. It's been running on this start screen for quite awhile now and I can't see any progress in its loading. I tried closing and opening it again a few times and the problem is still the same. I also can't press anything. Another problem I have is Google Earth can't seem to connect to its servers because of Kaspersky, among other applications that it also hinders. It appears to show Any help with this regards will be very appreciated.

Hi! For this issue that you are getting, uninstalling and re-installing the most latest version of kaspersky should help fix this. The 2020 version of kaspersky should now have been released. You can follow the link below on how to uninstall kaspersky and install the 2020 version: https://support.kaspersky.com/15188#block1 After installing the 2020 version, try to check if the issue with the google earth would still persist. Please keep us posted. Regards!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I has the same problem with the previous versions of KIS on MacOS Mojave and El Capitan. Now I have the same problem with KIS 2020 on MacOS Catalina. The resolution that I used is kill the process KAV and re-run the KIS. If the problem will not be resolved I’ll stop use KIS.

Step to kill the KIS

Run the Terminal and execute the following

$ ps -ef | grep kav

$ sudo -s kill -9 <kav_process_number>   

• 4 months later...

Hello @iddqd,

Welcome!

Even tho KIS is the only app installed, check Incompatible applications

&

What to do if Kaspersky Internet Security 20 for Mac functions incorrectly

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

hi there, thanks for the reply. i checked the incompatible apps list and confirm that i have none of them.

I also went through the checklist of

If Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac functions incorrectly:

1. Restart the application.
  2. If the issue persists, try rebooting your Mac.
  3. If this doesn’t help, reinstall Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac.

finally i removed the kis using “appcleaner” app/ This helped me to remove some of the remaining bits of it too.

Having some general knowledge with computers i started thinking that it might be a issue with a hanging process.

what do you think?

Hello @iddqd,

Thank you for replying👍

Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include MAC LogsTrace files & a detailed history, including all actions taken?

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

i solved the case by reinstalling the system again. I was having weird issue to downloading[ the software but today everything seemed fine. yesterday i may be messed to give KAV and KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY “FULL DISK ACCESS” at the same time under PRIVACY in SYSTEM PREFERENCES.

I have made the same mistake during setup and give FULL DISK ACCESS only to KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY even though setup directed me to do for KAV. I did it before setup finalizes and quickly went back to PRIVACY and tick the box for KAV.

That’s weird because there are two entries for Kaspersky in PRIVACY. I probably marked the wrong one in my earlier attempt. Yesterday i remember ticking KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY for FULL DISK ACCESS but definitely don’t remember doing the same for the entry named KAV with black box icon. I am definitely sure the such icon wasn’t there yesterday.

So this could be the problem.

Thanks

Weird. Second entry is now gone. I used to keep ticking the tickbox of the Kaspersky  Internet Security entry during setup. Now it’s not there anymore.

Yesterday KAV entry was not there during installation. All seems ok today.

Hello @iddqd,

Thank you!

I think because the second entry is now gone, all should be ok👌

You get an extra 👏 for 1st AidKit😀

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I could not get the reference for 1st aid kit. Are you talking about the music group?

• 2 weeks later...