KIS renewal, "You have a subscription licence which cannot be renewed on www.kaspersky.com. "

Blahblah

My KIS has just expired - no usual offers and on trying to renew I get "You have a subscription licence which cannot be renewed on www.kaspersky.com. " Yet seems to offer link at the bottom to AV/KIS etc downloads. Do I have to go via that. I can see amazon has downloads with a 2019 KIS (just a key sent via e-mail). I'm already on 19xxx1088(g) will that renew me for a year. Presume I can upgrade to the 2020 with that key as well?

Welcome. Several things: Please do not purchase from unauthorized people on Amazon. Please only purchase from the unmistakable authorized source. Next, any current activation code/license is good for free upgrade to the current/new version. You can upgrade on top of the old version, but forum helpers prefer to uninstall the old version > restart, then install the new version, for a fresh start. Either way is ok/fine, per your preference. Next, the error message. I have never seen that before. I looked here: https://usa.kaspersky.com/renewal-upgrade-faq To get expert answer, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed.

Kaspersky has an amazon page so thats official/authorized surely.
Hello Blahblah,
  1. May we have the Amazon, Kaspersky page link please?
Also, as richbuff has advised: the error message."You have a subscription licence which cannot be renewed on www.kaspersky.com.", it's not an error msg we're familiar with. Would you take the time to let us know what Support say please? We're keen to know & other folks may have the same question, your information is helpful & will be helpful. Many thanks:pray_tone3:

The explanation seem to be that having cancelled auto renew you can just do a normal manual renew for some reason ewither you have to speak with support to enable auto or get a new key. Link on amazon was "Sold by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l." so it must be authorized in some way

The explanation seem to be that having cancelled auto renew you can just do a normal manual renew for some reason either you have to speak with support to enable auto or get a new key. Link on amazon was "Sold by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l." so it must be authorized in some way
Hello Blahblah, Thanks for posting back:pray_tone3: Auto-renew maintains existing license key, subscription rolls over until forever, whenever. Manual renew, still = subscription, but, each time the license is renewed, a new key is issued. ---- Amazon Media EU S.à r.l (imo) they're associated with Amazon, not Kaspersky business partners, nor Kaspersky authorised resellers. Best regards.