KIS Prevents a Company's App from Logging in

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Just as the title says, and in order to login normally, I have to pause protection. This only happens on the laptop I'm using at work, but it doesn't happen on the PC I use at home.

I tried adding the app to the exclusion list through "Manage exclusions", but to no avail. I tried adding it to the trusted list through "Specify trusted applications", it doesn't do anything when I click ok the first time after adding the app, but when I click it again, KIS crashes and restarts .

The error message is attached for more info.

KASPERSKY.jpg

Hello @Ghassan

Welcome!

1. Which KIS version & patch(x), x=letter, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. In KIS Reports, are there any errors related to the issue? 
  3. MHSAEPassportScan is not a Kaspersky error report, where is it from? 
  4. Post a text copy to cloud & post the share link, of the MHSAEPassportScan error report?
  5. *As a test only*, if Do not scan encrypted connections is turned OFF - what happens? 
  6. IF the app is added to: Network settings, Encrypted connections scan, Trusted applications, what happens?
  7. In File Anti-Virus, has the app been added as a Trusted app & or Exclusion?  
  8. What does (your) IT support @ work say about the issue? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife and thank you for the welcome!

I added everything you asked as best as I could, and hopefully it'll help:

1- 21.3.10.391 (i).
2- Reports show nothing related to the issue.
3- MHSAEPassportScan is the exe's file name of the company's program we use at work.
4- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1suC26-khacBDfLIubj86CoQ7jdwXUFm6/view?usp=sharing
5- Same thing, I click ok for the first time, nothing happens, I click ok again, KIS crashes.
6- I added every instance of the app in the trusted apps, still nothing changes.
7- KIS crashes and restarts, same thing.
8- My IT has no idea what the problem is.

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Hello @Ghassan

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information?!

1. So, just to confirm, you've changed MHSAEPassportScan from Low restricted, as shown in the KIS Report, to Trusted - correct? 
  2. Is MHSAEPassportScan app, something like authentication software for your workplace? 
  3. Has KIS been uninstalled, saving License information only & then clean installed, while you've been at your workplace & already past the login of MHSAEPassportScan
  4. Scan MHSAEPassportScan exe using https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ & post the result here please? 
  5. Post the MHSAEPassportScan report (in your first post) as a text file (upload to cloud) & post the share link please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

24 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Ghassan

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information?!

1. So, just to confirm, you've changed MHSAEPassportScan from Low restricted, as shown in the KIS Report, to Trusted - correct? 
  2. Is MHSAEPassportScan app, something like authentication software for your workplace? 
  3. Has KIS been uninstalled, saving License information only & then clean installed, while you've been at your workplace & already past the login of MHSAEPassportScan
  4. Scan MHSAEPassportScan exe using https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ & post the result here please? 
  5. Post the MHSAEPassportScan report (in your first post) as a text file (upload to cloud) & post the share link please? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

I should've thought of 3 before. I uninstalled and reinstalled KIS, and the issue seems to be fixed, even after a couple of restarts of the laptop, the issue doesn't seem to appear anymore.

I'll keep monitoring for any further problems (hopefully none will occur).

Much appreciated for your help... ?

• Thanks 1