KIS on Android keeps closing - pt 2

Re a thread I started a while ago-

https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kis-on-android-keeps-closing-15292?postid=71888#post71888

The problem has returned.

As per the advice from @Flood and Flood's wife I turn my mobile off every week and check that KIS loads on boot.

I checked yesterday and KIS was working - today it is not.

I’ve not turned my phone off during that time

Having re-started KIS it tells me that websites are not scanned (which presumably they were yesterday)

I’ve just turned my mobile off and back on and KIS has not loaded…

Very frustrating

Any assistance will be much appreciated

Thanks

Re a thread I started a while ago- https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-internet-security-13/kis-on-android-keeps-closing-15292?postid=71888#post71888. The problem has returned. As per the advice from @Flood and Flood's wife I turn my mobile off every week and check that KIS loads on boot. I checked yesterday and KIS was working - today it is not. I’ve not turned my phone off during that time. Having re-started KIS it tells me that websites are not scanned (which presumably they were yesterday). I’ve just turned my mobile off and back on and KIS has not loaded… Very frustrating. Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hello @billpete

Welcome back!

Very frustrating indeed😥 !

You could try the Uninstall & clean Install again, however, log a request with  Kaspersky Technical Support, select Application malfunction, Other template. Provide a detailed history, all steps you’ve taken, Support may request logs, traces & other data, they’ll guide you: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Note: Kaspersky Support will probably tell you to Uninstall, clean Install. 

Thanks again Flood & Mrs Flood :)

It took me many hours over 2 days when I last uninstalled and reinstalled.

I got asked so many questions and permissions I didn’t know the answer to so I probably clicked something I shouldn’t have. I recall something about having to view adverts when I downloaded the last time.  I do remember I declined adverts, so that may have been an issue

I can do just about anything with a PC - but mobiles remain a mystery to me.

If I install software on a PC it’s a matter of a couple of clicks and it’s done - on a mobile phone it’s a whole different scenario.
I don’t recall so many problem with Norton, so I may go back to that - even though I find it obtrusive.

If I get enough spare time I may try the uninstall/reinstall but I feel very nervous doing it.

Thanks again & very best wishes

Pete

Hello @billpete

Thank you for posting back👌 !

Re the Uninstall / clean Install - that’s why we said “You could try the Uninstall & clean Install again” & “Note: Kaspersky Support will probably tell you to Uninstall, clean Install.”

We are conscious of the fact the KIS / Android solution is clunky, but if the technical team are going to tell you to do the Uninstall / clean Install, you may as well get the pain out of the way so they can get on with diagnosing/resolving the issue. 

Next heads up, they may ask you to install a KIS logging version, so they can analyze the logs, so you’ll end up do the uninstall/install again, at which point you’ll have done it so many times you’ll be super comfortable with KIS on Android as you are with working with PCs😅 . 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thank you again @Flood and Flood's wife I appreciate your time and effort to help me.

Is there a step by step guide to installing KIS on Android do you know?
I understand that to uninstall all I need to do is move the app to the trash, but what steps do I need to take to perform a ‘clean install’?

If not, I’ll have a go in the next few days and let you know how it goes

Very best wishes

Pete

1. I understand that to uninstall all I need to do is move the app to the trash?
  2. what steps do I need to take to perform a ‘clean install’? 
  3. is there a step by step guide to installing KIS on Android do you know?

Hello @billpete, Pete, 

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back!

Uninstall steps are as follows: 

1. Make sure you have the KIS Activation code → sign into your MyKaspersky account, select Licenses tab - https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses, find the KIS license → make a screen print(s) of all the KIS License details - image A
  2. Do not move KIS to the trash → follow all steps on Uninstalling the app & images numbered 1 to 6 as a guide

3. When the Uninstall is complete, power OFF the phone, wait at least a minute, power ON, login.
  4. Download new KIS exe from Google Play Store →  follow all steps on Install the app & images numbered 1 to 26 → https://icedrive.net/1/9bX1P6f4TO, nb:  (we had difficulty uploading 26 images to your topic).  

If you get stuck or need any assistance, please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife 

I finally got round to uninstalling and reinstalling yesterday.

I can’t thank you enough for your detailed instructions.

The only thing I came across that was different was that during the installation I had to do something relating to Not launch KIS automatically and select something else -  I tried but something went wrong and I couldn’t work out how to get back to that stage...

However it is still working today.

Previously, over the last few weeks I’ve been monitoring KIS daily and I’ve found that on charging the phone once the charge has reached 100% and it’s been at 100% for a while - it is at that point that KIS stops running and when I reboot KIS does not load on startup.

If I catch it before it reaches 100% then KIS still runs and if I reboot, KIS loads on startup.

I’ll keep an eye on it daily and see how it goes when charging and report back in about a week (or sooner if it goes wrong :))

Thank you both again for your amazing support!!

Pete

PS - re the bit where it ‘went wrong’ above I made a note.
KIS said to turn Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON

That’s the bit where something happened and I couldn’t get back to it.

1. The only thing I came across that was different was that during the installation I had to do something relating to Not launch KIS automatically - select Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON

Hello @billpete

You’re most welcome! 

Thank you for taking the time to update us👌 

• We understand you encountered an issue & to manage that, you’ve selected manage KIS manually, however, this is not recommended → KIS should be configured to launch automatically.
  • When you have time, please update us with how the current install is behaving? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife 

It’s been fine until today.

KIS was running this morning, then I plugged in to re-charge and just noticed that at 78% charged KIS is no longer running.

Re. Launching automatically
I tap on Settings, then App Info, then Open By Default and all the options are greyed out, so I don’t know if that means it launches automatically or not

Best wishes

Pete

Re. Launching automatically
I tap on Settings, then App Info, then Open By Default and all the options are greyed out. 

Best wishes

Pete

Hello @billpete

Thank you for the update👌

1. Post an image of Settings, App Info, Open By Default please → we need to see what you see?
  2. Also, are you saying “launch KIS automatically - select Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON” is the same as Settings, App Info, Open By Default?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @billpete,

Thank you for posting back & the image👌

That’s not right, we’ll create steps with images, for you to fix, will post tomorrow morning. 

However, App links, Other Defaults issues are not related to KIS stopping all the time. 

Re “2nd question”, 6 days ago → 30th July 2021, you said “KIS said to turn Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON” 

We believe this is at the core of why KIS is not working properly → post screen image(s) of “KIS said to turn Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON”  please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife 

Re. Re “2nd question”, 6 days ago → 30th July 2021, you said “KIS said to turn Manage Automatically to OFF and turn Manage Manually ON” 

That appeared during installation, so it may be easier to wait for your update tomorrow and take it from there if I need to uninstall and reinstall and I’ll take a pic when it appears.

Thanks again

Pete

PS - If you’d like me to uninstall and reinstall before tomorrow, pls let me know

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife I’ve been checking that KIS is running each day, and today I see it’s not running again… I’ll raise it with KIS support as you suggested above. I’m finding KIS on Android is a right PITA! All the best.  Pete

Hello @billpete

Welcome back! 

Thank you for the reply with images👏

Apologies for not responding earlier → we’ve been testing, have installed KIS on 3 androids, we cannot find Auto-start, anywhere😖

1. If you can, please tell us, what is the screen that immediately precedes the Auto-start screen? 

Re PITA, we couldn’t agree more!!

Re logging with TS, good move, please keep us posted on the progress? 

Many thanks🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife and again, thanks for your reply and help.

I sent a message to Tech Support and got the reply - below.

This software is frustrating and I hadn’t expected to spend so much time trying to get it to work.

I don’t feel comfortable doing the steps outlined in their response and it will likely take about 2-3 months for me to gather the data they require.
The licence expires in January, so I plan to continue to monitor KIS every day and restart it when necessary.
When the licence expires, regrettably I’ll likely go back to Norton as I had no issues with that.

I really do appreciate all the time and effort you have expended trying to help me, but I don’t want to waste more time in an effort to get this software working when there is a viable alternative.

When I replace my mobile, I’ll probably try KIS again - it has worked perfectly on my PC with no issues and constant intrusions (as I get with Norton). 

Thank you for all your efforts!

Very best wishes
Pete

Message -

Dear customer,

Greetings!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, let me do my best to sort this out.

For us to investigate further, please provide us the following information:

Data #1
======
Could you please show me what you see with a screenshot? For more details, here are instructions on how to take a screenshot: http://support.kaspersky.com/us/492?cid=pe

Data #2
======
Does the issue occurred under a mobile network or a Wi-Fi connection?

Data #3
======
For us to understand why this is happening, please follow these simple steps to install a special 'debug' version of our app that records detailed logs:

1. Download the special version here: kas.pr/KIS_debug

2. Disable automatic updating of Kaspersky Internet Security: Open the Play Store App, click on the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner and select “My apps and games”. Go to ‘Installed’, click on the Kaspersky app, then click on three vertical dots at the top-right corner and uncheck “Enable auto-update”.

3. Uninstall regular Kaspersky Internet Security via standard means, like so: http://support.kaspersky.com/10196#block1 If you have any difficulties uninstalling it like that, try with the Application manager: https://support.kaspersky.com/10196#block2

4. Install the debug version and reproduce the issue a couple of times.

5. Check the root folder of your SD Card for logs, the folder is called /sdcard. It will contain files like these: "kisa_(date and time).log". Copy them, please, and send them to us.

4) We also need you to download and run a free application, called AIDA64 (by FinalWire Ltd.): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.finalwire.aida64

1. Once the app is downloaded and ran, tap the three-dotted button in the upper right corner;

2. Tap "Send Report in E-mail" and send the resulting report to your own mailbox;

3. Afterwards, open your mailbox and find that report (usually the subject field reads as “AIDA64 for Android v1.60 Report”);

4. Please copy the entire report and paste it in your reply; once you have done so click Send/Reply/Submit.

We remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Regards,
Isha | Customer Service Representative

To reply to this request, you can simply reply to this e-mail leaving the subject line unchanged.

If we do not receive a response from you within 7 days, your request will be considered resolved by our system. If you would like us to leave your request open, you can simply let us know by replying to this e-mail or sending a new reply through My Kaspersky.

Best regards,
Kaspersky Technical Support

Hello @billpete

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for posting back & the current status👌

We do understand, however, just to put the TS request into perspective:

1. Data #1, screenshots, you’ve collated 90% of this already. 
  2. Data #2, needs no work or time allocation, just a question: does the issue happen when you’re using mobile data or wifi? 
  3. Data #3, uninstall KIS & install KIS logging version, collect & send logs to support. 
  4. You’re already an expert at uninstalling & clean installing KIS, you’ve done it for us, very competently → collecting the logs is not a complicated process, (ioo), you’re very capable of managing this without a huge impost of your time. 
  5. Data #4, AIDA64, simple text based Report, that’s generated after downloading AIDA64 app, from Google Play Store, for someone who’s never used AIDA64 before, the entire process would take no more than an hour → max!  

We’re not trying to change your mind, but, do not be overwhelmed by the request from TS, each item Data #1 to Data #4 is well within your skillset & we’re here to help if you get stuck. 

Whichever way you decide to go, it’s been a pleasure to work with you.

We wish the KIS experience had been a happy one. 

Many thanks🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife 

hmmm - It’s one of those things that will niggle me if I don’t try it,  and I do feel that it’s something I should try because of all the time and effort you have spent helping me.

At the moment I have more pressing things to get on with, but I’m sure as autumn rolls in and the weather gets (even worse) than it has been during the summer, one rainy day I’ll have a go.

I’ll post back when I have

In the meantime - thanks again and very best wishes

Pete

Hello @billpete

You’re most welcome☺ , it’s been a real pleasure, even if the outcome (to date) has not been a success!

By now, unless you’ve requested support keep the INC open, pending your data submission, the INC will be closed, which means you’ll also have to raise a new INC, if that happens, make sure you also add the original INC# to the request details. 

Also, you mention, at some stage, you may buy another android; bc there’s been so many problems being reported here in the Community for both KIS & KSK, with Redmi & Huawei devices, we purchased both of those & an Oppo device; after replicating various issues, we sent them back, requested & received full refunds. 

We’re still not sure if the issues you’ve experienced are specific to the device being a Huawei. 

As always, please keep the Community posted with any progress & stay safe & well!

Many thanks🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋