KIS license across computer changes

KIS 21.3.10.39(h)  Windows 10 build 19043.1526

I have an old test/sandbox PC that is about to undergo changes.  I would like to be sure KIS is still validly licensed thought the process.

1.  I am going to change the device name in Windows.   Do I need to uninstall KIS and reinstall it after the change?  My.Kaspersky Devices know the old name.  do I need to disconnect the device before making the name change?

1. A few days after the name change I am going to replace the PC’s motherboard and CPU.  This effectively makes it a new computer.  I’m sure I need to uninstall KIS before the change and resinstall it after.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Well, I went ahead and did the name change.  I uninstalled KIS on the computer,  went to My.Kaspersy Devices and performed the Disconnect procedure.  That computer then disappeared from my Devices.  I then changed the Device Name on Windows, reinstalled KIS, and logged onto MyKaspersy from the KIS GUI.  The re-connection seemed to work but MyKaspersky Devices again shows the old name.  My router and other computers on the LAN show the new device name so I know the change was successful.  Why does MyKaspersky still have the old name?  KIS seems to work on the computer so this is maybe not important, but it makes me uncomfortable.

Hello @Patrick O'Keefe

Welcome back!

We’ve previously raised this with Kaspersky support, according to them, the device in https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/device/ has to be manually renamed, however, in our experience, that’s not the case, after renaming the Windows device, uninstalling the Kaspersky software, shutting down the machine & powering on again, installing the new Kaspersky software, running manual Database update, shutting down the machine & powering on again, and logging into the MyKaspersky account, from the Kaspersky application, the MyKaspersky account reflects the new device name. 

IF your device continues to reflect the old name, change it manually. 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

after renaming the Windows device, uninstalling the Kaspersky software, shutting down the machine & powering on again, installing the new Kaspersky software, running manual Database update, shutting down the machine & powering on again, and logging into the MyKaspersky account, from the Kaspersky application, the MyKaspersky account reflects the new device name. 

IF your device continues to reflect the old name, change it manually. 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Ah.  I did not do a manual Database update and re-power on.  I’m pretty sure a database update has happened by now but there hasn’t been a rebooot since immediately after the rename.  I’ll give your procedure a try and if it doesn’t work I’ll do a manual rename.

On the other hand, I don’t really care what device name is in MyKaspersky has as long as it doesn’t think that both the old and new names are active, thereby wasting a seat count.