KIS is (probably) great but renewal is a real mess [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by nicoret,

I've used KIS since about 2014. I assume it's doing a great job, but renewal is usually very messy. This year no different. My KIS 2018 expires this week. I have tried to block "automatic renewal" because I don't want the three-device version (I bought KIS for three devices in 2017 for €39.99, now it costs €93.95). So, I tried to block "automatic renewal" by writing to technical support and got an email saying the license would not be renewed. But when I go to my Kapersky page (the Italian version) I get the this: I says that my license will NOT be automatically renewed but it also says that my license IS being renewed. There's also a link "download the software", which goes to a 404 page not found. Because I don't want to pay €94 (have only two devices now) but because Kaspersky might try to debit my card anyway, I changed by credit card details to a flash card with only a few euros on it. After I did that, I got this message: It says that Kaspersky will try to renew my license starting from 1 January 1970. So I don't know what will happen this week, but it looks like some wires are crossed at Kaspersky. At this point, I want my KIS to just stop working so I can uninstall it and then go shopping again, maybe for a two-device KIS. Any advise from Kaspersky? Thanks.

I just checked my bank and nexway (Kaspersky's monetizer) has taken the last euro from my flash card. So "automatic renewal" went through (partially anyway), even though I have an email from Kaspersky Lab from last year saying automatic renewal had been cancelled at my request. Anyway, FLOOD - thanks for the advise.

Hello Nicoret, You're very welcome, I wish we could help, but, as Berny previously posted, anything to do with actually fixing or sorting out any licencing issues can only been done by Kaspersky Lab, the Kaspersky Community can offer advice based on experience & or Kaspersky's documentation, but we have no power to fix anything. Best regards.

Hello Nicoret, You're very welcome, I wish we could help, but, as Berny previously posted, anything to do with actually fixing or sorting out any licencing issues can only been done by Kaspersky Lab, the Kaspersky Community can offer advice based on experience & or Kaspersky's documentation, but we have no power to fix anything. Best regards.
Yes, I realize at every renewal there is a difference between the product and the sales/marketing, But today's problem might be of both -- in the end I bought the latest KIS and installed it, and got the new license key with it. In my online Kaspersky account, I see I have KIS for another 365 days. But the good news has not reached the KIS I installed his morning on my PC. It says my license ended this morning at 11:07 and I should contact Kaspersky to get another one, There's no renew button or "insert license key here". Any suggestions?

Hello Nicoret, Even if the problem is "both", it's only solvable by the Lab. As Berny originally advised, the only team that can help with any licensing issues is the Kaspersky Lab Technical Support Team, https://my.kaspersky.com/. If you log into your account you can create a incident record, this will log the case in the Kaspersky trouble ticketing system, you will receive an automatic email response, with an INC reference number, in the format of INC+12 numbers, e.g. INC123456789112. Normally, a Kaspersky Lab Technical representative will make contact (usually by email) within 48hours. If we could assist we surely would, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do. Best regards!

• Solution
If you log into your account you can create a incident record, this will log the case in the Kaspersky trouble ticketing system, you will receive an automatic email response, with an INC reference number, in the format of INC+12 numbers, e.g. INC123456789112.
OK, fixed! So simple,... Just open the application's license panel, click on the green cross ("x") to destroy the old license code, then it'll ask you to insert the new one, you do, and you have KIS for another year. Got that from online technical chat. Of course there's a Knowledge base page on it. But wasn't included in the email with the activation code. Anyway good for another year. Thanks for the advise.