KIS is interfering with Win10 Photos App, I am getting a long warning script pop-up from KIS.

When I try to open a photo I am getting a long warning script pop-up from KIS.

I have not been able to copy it but it mentions Internet Explorer (WOT? - never use it) and something about accessing the registry.

Photo won’t open unless I OK it for a period of time, 30 mins max.

Opened same photos many times and this never happened before.

Any ideas what on earth is going on please ?

Hello @rufford155,

Welcome back!

Please share with us: 

1. OS versionHow to find the version of your operating system
  2. KIS version & patch(x) x=letter - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. In KIS Reports, find the KIS warning script pop-up, post a full screen screen print please → we need to see what you see? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

Windows 10 Home 21H1

KIS 21.3.10.391(f)

Well, this is weird - tried opening several photos to get a screenshot of the pop-up but there’s no problem now !

In Reports yesterday in Application Control “Photos App placed in restricted group” - trust group could not be defined.

Cannot find the pop-up itself anywhere in reports.

No idea what this means or why anything has changed - it happened yesterday and the day before.

Windows 10 Home 21H1, KIS 21.3.10.391(f)

Well, this is weird - tried opening several photos to get a screenshot of the pop-up but there’s no problem now !

In Reports yesterday in Application Control “Photos App placed in restricted group” - trust group could not be defined. Cannot find the pop-up itself anywhere in reports.

Hello @rufford155

Thank you for updating us!

1. Which Application Trust  group is the Photos App in now? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

It’s in Low Restriction - states could not verify certificate signature - very strange for a MS app that’s been on the laptop since new.

Not the first time that KIS has had a hiccup with certificates - there are earlier threads on here that I, and you I think, have conributed to.

Anyway, while cropping a screenshot to show you the restriction the damn pop-up reappeared so here it is in all its glory.

Have to admit it’s complete gobbledegook to me!

Thanks for reply again.

(1) Well, going to advanced I could get rid of the pop-up and carry on what I was doing with the photo - but that doesn’t mean, of course, that it will never happen again.

It hasn’t done so yet but it seemed pretty random before so I am just hoping.

(2) Got a warning to reboot just after I saw your reply - now updated to (g).

Hello @rufford155

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for the update!

• If the problem returns, contact support, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunctionOther template; support *will* request logs, traces & other data.
  • ❗If you select Chat, we recommend you receive a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email that arrives AFTER the chat completes❗ ​

When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

It’s in Low Restriction - states could not verify certificate signature - very strange for a MS app that’s been on the laptop since new.

Not the first time that KIS has had a hiccup with certificates - there are earlier threads on here that I, and you I think, have conributed to.

Anyway, while cropping a screenshot to show you the restriction the damn pop-up reappeared so here it is in all its glory.

Have to admit it’s complete gobbledegook to me!

Hello,

Please right-click the application rule for photo.exe and set the rule via the following screenshot.

It seems KL doesn’t trust this application now.

Regards.

Thanks again Flood, I will wait and hope it’s ok.

Wesly: Not occured again yet thankfully but I will follow your suggestion, thanks.

Weird if KIS doesn’t trust MS windows photo app !!!

Good evening everyone.

@rufford155  :

You are not alone I see the same situation in applications with low restrictions both in the photo application and in the Xbox game bar as shown in the image.

Only I don't use these apps.

Greetings