KIS is blocking Firefox`s Youtube page loading

w670808
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, all

Using Firefox to access Youtube was conflicted with Kaspersky like image shown, it just keep infinitely loading. Also, i tried to uninstall KIS to try and error , and Youtube works perfectly. So, my decision is Kaspersky was blocked Firefox`s Youtube for loading, Watching and comment function in youtube is okay, no problem so far. I have no trouble with Google Chrome and Edge, just Firefox .Latest version of Firefox (80.0.1), Kaspersky and Windows 10

As green circle highlight, it keeps loading 

Hello @w670808

Welcome!
It’s a known bug, will be fixed in an upcoming ;patch, advice form Kaspersky, @Anton Mefodys, as a interim workaround, use another browser, for example Chrome or Edge Chromium.

Reference topics: 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 3 weeks later...

My issue is that there is a bouncing around the login. It shows me logged in (face) but then I cannot subscribe - then after a refresh it will show SIGN IN. I click and it reports error 405.

With KIS paused, it all works fine.

I am hoping the patch fixes everything. So far I have had no issues with videos not starting in YouTube. Just the “creds” side.

Hello @bellyman69

Welcome!

Thank you for updating us👌

qte 

• According to available information the issue is fixed in upcoming 2021 MR2 version. As a temporary measure, please use another Supported browser - Chrome & or Edge Chromium.”

unqte

• The anticipated date for 2021 MR2 is late October/November 2020, noting release dates may change, depending on circumstances. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @Beowulf.ch

Welcome!

According to @Danila T.  in @kis2009-007’s topic KIS 2021 anti-banner plus Firefox plus Youtube = Can't sign out 

“ A new version is already being published. Check it on our official website  https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads   

Resource documentation: KIS 21.2

Note: no Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.2.16.590 release notes appear to be available atm. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋 

My issue is that there is a bouncing around the login. It shows me logged in (face) but then I cannot subscribe - then after a refresh it will show SIGN IN. I click and it reports error 405.

With KIS paused, it all works fine.

I am hoping the patch fixes everything. So far I have had no issues with videos not starting in YouTube. Just the “creds” side.

I have the same problem!

When I follow the KIS21.2 link it takes me to the purchase screen; when I click on update it reverts to the current version I am running which is 21.1.15.500.  I am in Canada.  There is a way to do a full install again (which uninstalls the older) via the “startup.exe” but that version says nothing about what I am going to install and AFAIK it could re-install the same version.

The only option otherwise is to wait?

When I follow the KIS21.2 link it takes me to the purchase screen; when I click on update it reverts to the current version I am running which is 21.1.15.500.  I am in Canada.  There is a way to do a full install again (which uninstalls the older) via the “startup.exe” but that version says nothing about what I am going to install and AFAIK it could re-install the same version. The only option otherwise is to wait?

Hello @bellyman69

Thank you for posting back👌

On the Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) release notes page, select Download, the redirect is to Kaspersky Global www, the software available is KIS version 21.2.16.590

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋 

Sadly no. 

Yes I can get to that first picture to click download and YES I see the URL pointing to www.kaspersky.com/download but when I click the download (left picture) it redirects me to the Canadian purchase page.

Even when I copy the download link and paste it in, INCOGNITO mode, it still changes the URL to go to the Canuck site:

https://www.kaspersky.ca/?icid=gl_sup-site_trd_ona_oth__onl_b2c___tri-dl____kis___&_ga=2.117790848.801119306.1604610353-1187156569.1592189891

When I look at changing countries it doesn’t provide a Global option. But when I look below the download page it does say

Looks like I am trapped.

Sadly no. 

Yes I can get to that first picture to click download and YES I see the URL pointing to www.kaspersky.com/download but when I click the download (left picture) it redirects me to the Canadian purchase page.
Even when I copy the download link and paste it in, INCOGNITO mode, it still changes the URL to go to the Canuck site:

https://www.kaspersky.ca/?icid=gl_sup-site_trd_ona_oth__onl_b2c___tri-dl____kis___&_ga=2.117790848.801119306.1604610353-1187156569.1592189891

When I look at changing countries it doesn’t provide a Global option. But when I look below the download page it does say, Global. Looks like I am trapped.

Hello @bellyman69

Thank you for the update👌  

• Another option would be to contact Kaspersky Technical Support via their Online chat, on the Canada: Support for home products page, select Application use, then select CHAT WITH AN EXPERT, they may be able to provide the installer or, they may be able to let you know how long it will be before KIS version 21.2.16.590 is available in Canada.
  • Alternatively, maybe Kaspersky will see your post and provide a link for you in this topic? 

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋 

@Igor Kurzin - please assist @bellyman69 if possible?  

Hey Flood,

So if i read this correctly i have to install “Internet Security” over “Total Security” otherwise i cant use youtube, Even though Kaspersky pushed out a update to Total earlier this week that caused this issue?

And the install box states that “Internet” can’t be activated under the “Totals” license. So do i now have to pay for another license just to watch youtube?

Hi @bellyman69 , 

Try this URL: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security-free-trial?ignoreredirects=true

Click “Download now”, will it work? 

If not, please proceed with an incident to technical support. 

Regards,

Igor

Bingo, Bango, Bongo and Irving.

That worked - thanks Igor.  And per the thread - so far YouTube is working - it immediately showed expected new content from the subscribed channels v. resetting and causing issues. If any concerns persist I will advise.

Thanks Igor/Flood’s Wife and Flood! 😋

@Steve79, the issue has been fixed across the entire home product line.

You need to update your version of Kaspersky Total Security - https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/total-security#download

Once again any time I use your links I always endup on the Purchasepage not the download page.

I am annoyed that we are losing time and patience trying to fix this stupid bug. I am sure there is alot of people experiencing this issue.

The download version on your public page for Canada KTS is kts21.1.15.500en_fr_25338.

So please update it.

Hello @Igor Kurzin

1. The issue @bellyman69 & @BobBuilder, have identified & has been confirmed by @andrew75  
  2. We’ve pm’d you the inc for the other issues, raised 24 February 2020, our most recent inquiry, requesting an update was met with “No news on this issue yet. As soon as there is anything - they will update the incident”, we try not to ask too frequently, in June 2020 we were told “There are no updates yet about the case, they have sent a follow up to the relevant department on the matter and will send another email once there are any news”, struggling to understand why/how it takes so long for simple fixes🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳&🐋