KIS for Mac chrome extension not detected

cinweb

Hello,

I have KIS 21.1.0.150c for Mac, macOS Monterey 12.2.1. I have installed Kaspersky Chrome extension but in the KIS recommendations and in Preferences>browsers, it’s still logged as extension not installed. What did go wrong?

Any suggestion? Thanks

Hello @cinweb

Welcome back!

1. Has the Kaspersky Security extension for Safari installed ok? 

If you’ve not installed it, please do so, to test whether it’s an issue with both? 

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Enable and disable the Kaspersky Security extension for browsers in selected browsers

Hello @cinweb

Thank you for posting back  & confirming KIS extension was automatically installed in Chrome, when the KIS app was installed👍

The documentation is vague (link in our first reply), for (MAC), KIS/Chrome, you could try to manually uninstall & reinstall the KIS Chrome extension, follow these steps:

1. Go to Chrome extension Details, copy the full path from the Chrome store. 
  2. Select Remove - to remove the KIS extension from the Chrome browser. 
  3. Exit the Chrome browser.
  4. Empty the MAC Trash. 
  5. Shutdown/power OFF the MAC.
  6. Power ON the MAC, log in. 
  7. Make sure KIS is active.
  8. Start Chrome. 
  9. Go to the Chrome store & enter the KIS extension URL you copied earlier.
  10. Add KIS extension to Chrome. 
  11. Make sure KIS extension is enabled?

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood,

I did it twice just in case but the fix doesn’t work, at the first restart it’s going back to “Install security extension for Chrome’. I’ve noticed one thing if I look in Chrome web store for the Kaspersky extension, I can’t find it. 😶

If I look in Chrome web store for the Kaspersky extension, I can’t find it. 😶

Hello @cinweb

Thank you for posting back & the additional information: when manually searching for the Kaspersky protection extension, it cannot be found in the store. 

1. Please log a request with Kaspersky Support, on the support page select either Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunction, Other template; give support a detailed history, include screen print(s) & any error messages; support may request: logs, traces  & other data, they will guide you. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋