KIS cannot repair the following file xxxxxxx and it has been deleted. Many of these files are dll, swf and exe. [Closed]

AlanI
Go to solution Solved by AlanI,

I have had KIS 19.0.0.1088(f) installed on my Windows 7 PC for a very long time now and it has functioned as it should with no problems. However, over the past 2 weeks or so each and every time I start up the PC, Kaspersky begins deleting files with a small pop-up window advising me that it is doing this. I can't remember the exact text but it is along the lines of KIS cannot repair the following file xxxxxxx and it has been deleted. Many of these files are dll, swf and exe. That is only part of the problem, along with the above KIS has removed all previous system restore points so that I am not able to go reset my system to an earlier point. Also, my system will not allow me to download or install Windows updates as the necessary files have also been deleted from my system. My system was purchased from a retailer who at this time is located many hundreds of kilometres from my current address and I do not have possession of the original installation disc. I am now at a complete loss of what to do next and I wonder if any in the community can offer any suggestions. Thank you.

No, not really. The pop-up window from Kaspersky opens and closes so quickly that's it's only possible to get the general meaning. Also, a lot is happening behind the scenes because for example the pop-up this morning indicated that a shell32.dll file could not be disinfected and had been deleted although looking in the quarantine file there is no mention of it there. Unfortunately I am running a few projects involving an Adobe product that can no longer be installed on OS's later than Windows 7 (everything is cloud based now). If it wasn't for that and losing a couple of installed programmes I would be ditching Windows 7 and purchasing a new Windows 10 without installing Kaspersky as I have now lost all confidence in the product.

Open kaspersky > More tools > Reports (in left) > Detailed reports (upper right corner) This will open a new window..... select not All events but change it to Detected objects and here you can post screenshot of these objects.

Hello AlanI, I don't think KIS is making a mistake here. Your computer really seems to have caught malware. Probably it deleted the restore points. Usually there is no folder "..\temp\system32", so there is no shell32dll. Please delete all temporary files on the computer, including the browser cache. Restart the computer and report...

OK, browser cache cleared (Firefox) and temporary files deleted using Windows Utility tools. Computer restarted and nothing has really changed. By that I mean when I press the Windows logo key on my keyboard + R and type in service.msc there is no entry for Windows Update. In summary then, the situation as it stands at this moment is that: (a) I have no restore points. (b) Windows Update is not working (c) Many files over the past few days (.exe plus .swf and several others files not recorded by KIS although deleted by KIS) have simply disappeared. I am firmly of the opinion that the fault lies at the door of KIS as there is always a pop-up from KIS advising that files cannot be disinfected and are being deleted. It might be worth noting that no programmes have been manually update by me (including Adobe Flash) that would account for any of this. I make mention of this because swf files are associated with the latter mentioned.

Hello AlanI, KIS REPORTS, should show ALL events that KIS has logged KIS application > More Tools > Reports > Detailed Reports > ALL EVENTS
  1. Select timeframe = when the issue began until now - options are 24hrs, 7 days, 30 days, all time.
  2. Select Export
  3. Save as a text file
  4. Upload the file using the "upload icon" in your reply please?
Thanks so much.

• Solution
OK all. I'm going to draw a line underneath this issue now as a solution (if indeed there is one) is going to be complicated and involve registry repairs along with goodness knows what. Additionally, I removed KIS from my system a few days back believing that this in itself had become corrupted or infected followed by a reinstall. The result of course if that the events log does not cover the entire period of this event. I have decided that on completion of the two projects that I am currently engaged in to create a Windows 7 installation DVD or USB from which to boot up the PC from followed by a fresh install of the OS. This should clear the computer of accumulated rubbish along with starting from scratch with a clean machine. Long term of course I shall have to give serious consideration to upgrading the OS to W10 although this will require a new machine for best optimisation. Thanks to those who have contributed to this thread to date.