KIS bolcking YouTube [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by EX34Mush,

In the past few days I find that I am unable to view YouTube videos that are embedded in website pages.  (I can view YouTube direct from their website, although not edit videos).  This is a new problem as all was working fine earlier in the week.

The still image of the video appears, but when I try to run it I get the following message:

Further testing shows that when I turn off my KIS the video runs OK.  Strangely whilst I have this problem using Firefox and Internet Explorer, it does not seem to affect Chrome.

My setup details are: 

Windows 10 Home:1903

KIS: 20.04.14.1085 (i)

Can someone help please?

Hi, 

Welcome.

1. Try clear cache in your browser 

2. Are you use kaspersky protection addon in Chrome Firefox or ie? 

3.You are running on older version of Windows. Please upgrade to latest version 1909 and check the problem. 

Hello @EX34Mush

1. Also, please tell us, when Learn more is selected, what detailed information does it redirect to?
  2. Are any AD blocking extensions installed? 
  3. In Firefox & IE, on the sites with embedded videos that will not play, are KIS Private Browsing & or Anti-Banner enabled? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

Thank you both for your help, very much appreciated.

First to nexon - you prompted me to update Windows 10 - that was worth while!

To Flood:

Following your suggestion, I have narrowed the problem down to the KIS Pop-Up blocker.  Not a feature that I was really aware of, but disabling it fixes the issue.  I now need to sort out how to manage the table of exceptions. 

However, it raises two interesting questions.  Firstly, why don’t I have a problem with Chrome, and why has the problem only appeared in the past couple of days?

Any ideas?

Hello @EX34Mush

You’re most welcome! 

Thank you for letting us know👌

We’re delighted the issue is resolved🤸

Regarding “Why did the issue happen only in FF & IE & not Chrome”?

To enable us to test, please reply with:

1. The name of several sites where the embedded video’s do not work unless Anti-Banner is OFF? 
  2. IE version? 
  3. Firefox version?  

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳