KIS and NordVPN, slow web pages. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Hawker,

Hopefully I can back up with this to one drive?
Bit worried about the size and onedrive limits?
Hello Hawker,
  1. Work out the size of what needs to be backed up & evaluate size of OneDrive storage available.
  2. Create another cloud storage account.
  3. Select an additional cloud storage provider, for example GoogleDrive offers 15gb - free.
Very important - AFTER you've backed up all your data - test restoring before we proceed with getting system to current level.

OK I have a 44gb file on my flash drive. So I have a restore point and a system image so far., Now for the backup.
? Remember - the system image has to be the only data on the flash drive. If the data backed up to cloud is large, split the backups & test the backups ➡️ create a backup partition, restore. (We can delete the bu partition once you're happy the restore is working exactly as it should. You've got plenty of room to create a backup partition). Thanks!

macrium said "create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore windows" so I selected that option and did the backup. It said it was backing up around 80 GB which is my c drive total data. I have downloads and music and photos on my d drive FYI to save space on the SSD which is 110GB.

Just wanted to let you know that I believe I turned on a feature in Windows 10 about a year ago which made me "anonymous" on this PC. It was a windows 10 feature nothing to do with the internet. It meant that the PC was not keeping a record of my access to files and folders etc. Is this stopping my from updating the last two builds of Win 10 even though it is updating the various windows updates? I cannot find what I did at the moment but it is the only thing I can think of that has done things like turn off file history and restore points and may stop new builds being installed automatically?

FYI I found what I was referring to above and it is that I unchecked the box for let windows collect my activities from this PC. Should I put the check back in the box? Did this switch everything off like protection and file history etc etc? As for progress: I have a system image taken yesterday and it is isolated on a 64GB flash drive being 44GB. I created a restore point yesterday having switched on protection for my C drive but not my D drive. I don't remember switching it off....why would I? I have manually copied my user files and folders to my External HDD in case I lose them. I cannot switch file history on because it keeps asking for a cloud or flash drive to use and apart from not being big enough I do not want to leave it running as I have no idea how much space it would use and don't want to leave drives connected. I don't need my files and folders saving as they are too big and I don't mind losing them if it all goes wrong at some point. I copy the important ones manually from time to time. FYI - (I don't know if these help or are a red herring). Folders are not reporting the correct size. I used a program yesterday to establish that my windows directory is considerably bigger than the 6 GB reported. In shared experiences if I select "fix now" it reports that there does not appear to be an internet connection. If I access file explorer from the task bar and try to select one of my libraries it does nothing. I have to right click and open to open the folders. This only happened recently.

The option to automatically download updates is switched off. Is this why it has not updated itself the last two times? Once again I have not switched this off as far as I know. Should I switch it on now?

Hello Hawker, Thanks for the information and preparation to this point: Checkpoint 1: a) System image:thumbsup: --------------------------- b) Restore point - C drive:thumbsup: ****Please look at the system restore points & post back:
  1. How many?
  2. Dates of each restore point?
--------------------------- c) External HDD - User files and folders - backup:thumbsup: ---------------------------
  1. I'm assessing all of the additional information/questions - before ANYTHING is, ticked, unticked or changed at all, it's necessary to make the system healthier.
  2. Because of the additional information (you've provided), we need to do some system stabilising, the step after that will be to bring Windows up to date.
  3. I preparing steps, until the next post please don't make any changes at all.
Thanks!

Only one restore point which is the one I did yesterday. It was switched off before then. Had to just now create rescue disk for system image otherwise I would not be able to use it easily. Nearly missed this. I confirm no changes have/will be made until you tell me what to do. FYI I will be going to bed in an hour or so.

Hi Hawker, Thanks for the information and preparation to this point: Checkpoint 2: a) SystemImage:thumbsup: SysImage - Rescue disk :thumbsup: --------------------------- b) Restore point - C drive:thumbsup: 1 - 28/05/19 --------------------------- c) External HDD - User files and folders - backup:thumbsup: --------------------------
  1. I'll send back process, next steps, until then don't change anything please.
Have a good sleep.