KIS 21 System tray icon is continually static.

david3
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

I have noticed the Kaspersky system tray icon for KIS version 21.2.16.590 is continually static. With last year’s version 20.x.x.x it pulsed when downloads were being monitored and other sources were accessed. 
Is this correct for this latest version? 

I have noticed the Kaspersky system tray icon for KIS version 21.2.16.590 is continually static. With last year’s version 20.x.x.x it pulsed when downloads were being monitored and other sources were accessed. 
Is this correct for this latest version? 

Hello @david3,

Welcome!

We tested by running a manual data base update, the icon shows a tiny white down arrow which changes back to a white tick, when the update is complete; we also tested running a scan, the icon no longer pulses or shows activity, hovering the mouse over the icon, shows how many % the scan has run.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I believe that the pulsing of the tray icon during scan is a valuable feature.

I use a relatively old computer and would like to know when a scan is performed in the background to account for my computer becoming less responsive.

It would be nice if there were a way to reenable this feature for people who like it (like me).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have KIS 2021 on my new laptop running Win10, and the icon is not animated.

To see if KIS is ‘working’..as in scanning or whatever, i have to hover my mouse over the icon.

This I find totally unaccpetbale after many years of having KIS with an animated icon to

let me know when it is doing ANY scann or database update.

I have searched and found nothing in Settings to turn on or off icon animation….

PLEASE tell me that there is a way to activate animation, otherwise there is a100%

probability that I will at some time or other in the course of time shutdown the laptop

whilst it is doing a database or a scan or some sort. I’d rather wait till any of those are

finished to ensure that nothing is corrupted before shutting the laptop down.

• Solution

Hello @CrazyG, Welcome.

First: Don't panic.

If everything is OK, the icon will show a tick in the green icon.

If an update is in progress, a down arrow will be displayed.

If something is wrong, the icon changes to red.

If a scan/update is in progress, it will be suspended and resumed after restart.

Hi @Schulte and thanks for your detailed reply, however l have to admit that to see those changes to the icon even on my 17.3” laptop taskbar takes more than a passing glance.   The previous animated icon was so much more obvious to the eye, and took little if no effort to notice. It was also possible  to turn the animation off/on at any time in the Settings, so that indicates to me that there are users who do not ir have not bothered to tailor the many options since installing Kaspersky !

In my humble opinion, anyone objecting to the animated icon shows that they’re not curious enough to hover their mouse over it just the ONCE to have the pop up info bubble appear with the reason for it ‘pulsating’ , but they would instead waste far more valuable time complaining about it instead !

l would welcome the option to have the choice of animation being available.

• Like 1