KIS 21 Prevents Update of Router Details.

Go to solution Solved by Hawkeye,

I am running KIS 21.1.10.391(c) and when I update information on my NetComm router, KIS must be blocking it and the screen doesn’t re-display the updated router information but shows an error with “This site can’t be reached”

I have attached the screenshot of the error screen.

I can login to the router and display the information without any problems but if I change any setting and then select Apply/Save, then I get this error screen.

I know that it is KIS causing it as when I exited KIS, the update worked perfectly as it did before.

I have tried this with 3 different browsers, Firefox, Edge and Chrome and I get the same error with every browser so that tells me that it is something that KIS is doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I had a very bad experience with Technical Support recently when they wasted a lot of my time, showed a lack of knowledge of the issue and how to resolve it and were generally not helpful at all so the last people I will be contacting are Technical Support.

I will happily live with this problem rather than contact them and maybe one of the software updates some day will resolve this!

Many thanks for your attempts to fix it for me.

My previous experience with Kaspersky has always been positive when raising issues through the Community forums and generally negative when dealing with Technical Support and from what I have read in the Community Forums, there are many others who have also had bad experiences with Tech Support!

I have noticed that the quality of Tech Support has been steadily declining over the last 5 years or so and I am now seriously considering buying another product even though I have been using Kaspersky for over 15 years, due to the poor quality of support.

@Hawkeye hello!

Try the following:

Open Additional settings - Threats and exclusions - Specify trusted applications - add chrome.exe - open exlusion rules.

Here  enable the option Do not scan all traffic - enable the option Only for specified IP addresses - type the IP address of the router (192.168.20.1) - enable the option Only for specified ports - type port 80.

Press OK - make sure the settings were saved.

Then restart Chrome and retest the issue.

Does it help?

• Solution

Thank you all for your suggestions but I have now solved the problem due to updating the firmware on my router.

I saw another similar issue raised in the community by el_arantis so I messaged him and asked if he had a solution for his problem and he said that after updating the firmware on his router he can now have KIS 21 running and has no problems accessing his router.

So I went onto the website for my router, NetComm NF18ACV, and found firmware updates and when I applied the latest firmware upgrade, I can now update settings on my router and the functionality works as it did before, so problem solved!

😀👍