KIS 2021 anti-banner plus Firefox plus Youtube = Can't sign out [moved]

Hello,

After having installed KIS2021, I now can’t sign out of Youtube when using Firefox.

Edge Chromium and Chrome appear to have no issues.

Also, I can’t add a video to a playlist using the plus sign under video window: nothing happens when clicking the “plus sign”.

Also, I can’t add a video to a playlist when hovering mouse pointer over video preview tile and over the Watch Later icon : A dialog box opens instead and asks to sign in when it appears I am already signed in. When I click sign in, the page changes to an error 405 page and with this message: The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /youtubei/v1/browse/edit_playlist .

If I disable anti-banner protection entirely, I get no errors and all Youtube functions work. BUT I get Ads in videos I watch. Grrrr!

If I use the Kaspersky plugin 2021 in Firefox to allow banners in Youtube, problems remain,

I am running Windows 10 Home x64 Build 19041

KIS 21.1.15.500 (a)

Firefox 79.0 (64-bit)

Hello @kis2009-007,

Welcome!

1. Please read @David Onn’s topic Can't manage my playlists and add comments on youtube when Kaspersky is running
  2. Raise a request to Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the KIS20 template as there’s no KIS21 template → see image.
  3. Include a GSI & Windows Logs & images - so Technical experts understand the issue.
  4. Provide as much detail (as you have above) as possible,  so Technical experts understand.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Та же проблема с youtube и анти-баннером, в добавок к этому еще уведомления не отображаются, комментарии не отправляются и лайки не ставятся. Запрос в тех. поддержку создал, что-то там решают.

Please check what filters are enabled in Anti-Banner settings?

Try to disable these filters step-by-step and retest the issue(after page restart Ctrl+F5)? 

Please tell about the results (what filter is related to the issue).

--

There is a bug for the issue (4407768). 

Please check what filters are enabled in Anti-Banner settings?

Try to disable these filters step-by-step and retest the issue(after page restart Ctrl+F5)? 

Please tell about the results (what filter is related to the issue).

--

There is a bug for the issue (4407768). 

Its not about Anti Banner, turning off anti banner doesn’t fix the issue.Turning off inject script into web traffic to interact with webpage solve the issue but its a thing that should be enabled to ensure the proper function of other components.

Здравствуйте!

Уважаемый пользователь, разработчики сообщили, что ошибка будет исправлена в версии 2021 MR2, выход которого ожидается в конце октября - начале ноября.
О выходе указанной версии мы дополнительно проинформируем Вас в текущем запросе.

С уважением,
Служба Технической Поддержки
АО "Лаборатория Касперского".

mod: edit

Same here, since i installed KIS 21.1.15.500 the issue with youtube appeared.

Access the YouTube page, click the SIGN IN button, and, although it looks like I am signed in when i click the account button it looks like this

As described above nothing works to fix the issue, I have to exit Kaspersky internet security entirely, clear cookies/cache, restart Firefox and after that is working again.

Here is how it looks when kaspersky is disabled and YouTube is working as it should

Hello @Daniel Stancu,

Welcome!

• Unfortunately, the issue is due to a known bug.
  • Kaspersky have advised it will be fixed by a patch to be issued in late October, early November. 

The advise from @Anton Mefodys is as follows:

As the issue is reproduced only in Firefox, then please temporary use another browser (for instance Chrome) as a workaround till the patch release.”

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello from Australia

I am also experiencing this issue and it is driving me Crazy.

I have  Youtube Premium and i also have a 2nd Youtube  channel connected to my youtube account for uploading  videos.

I need to switch between the two, however i cannot sign out due to the issues Theorist has described.

I click the youtube premium icon up the top right of youtube,  it loads the page but signs me out.  I click sign in, it redirects here: https://www.youtube.com/youtubei/v1/browse?key=AIzaSyAO_FJ2SlqU8Q4STEHLGCilw_Y9_11qcW8 

405. That’s an error.

The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /youtubei/v1/browse. That’s all we know.

I then get bombarded with adds in youtube because its not recognizing that i’m signed in with youtube premium.

I contacted support and they first fixed this by opening KIS going to Settings and selecting manage settings, restore to default.   I have tried this since the problem re-appeared and it is not fixing the issue.

I need to be able to access content i have paid for - which KIS is now preventing me from doing - and switch between youtube accounts so i can upload content to my channel.

Can you please advise when this fix will be rolled out and if you can put me in the beta testing group  for the fix?

Hello @Cur,

Welcome!

• Kaspersky @Anton Mefodys, have advised, it will be fixed by a patch to be issued late October, early November 2020

The advice from @Anton Mefodys is as follows:

“ As the issue is reproduced only in Firefox, then please temporary use another browser (for instance Chrome) as a workaround till the patch release

• Regarding ads, @Igor Kurzin has previously suggested a workaround, you may wish to try, however, (our observation)  since v21, it no longer works
  1. In Google Chrome, in the address bar, type in:   chrome://flags/#enable-quic     press enter  
  2. Next to the Experimental QUIC protocol, select Disabled from the drop-down menu - see image 
  3. Clear  Chrome browser cache & cookies

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today 02.11 on the desktop 2 new icons appeared, i guess KIS was updated. The problem with firefox and youtube came up for the first time.

Google is logged in, YT shows an icon in upper right corner as if i was signed in, but i cant see notifications, cant write comment, cant see my subscriptions, on the main page on the left i click “sign in” and see 405 error.

405. That’s an error.

The request method GET is inappropriate for the URL /youtubei/v1/guide. That’s all we know.

When should i expect a fix for the fix?..