KIS 2020 patch h, graphics driver error, KIS won't load [Solved][Closed]

lucid
Go to solution Solved by Wesly.Zhang,

I’ve just joined here as the other forum is shut was long time member.
I was previously using KIS2018 and all was fine. I had not upgraded to 2019 because when i initially tried there were compatibility issues with Nord VPN. Running Win 7 professional x64 with all updates (inc ESU).
The PC is a dell, dual graphics card i5 CPU with 16GB RAM.
I updated to the KIS2020 patch h but now KIS won’t even start. I get a graphics card driver error then multiple other error popups before I’m prompted to terminate Kaspersky. I’ve read other topics most are several months old and say it will be fixed with patch h. But clearly its not.
I need both graphics cards so disabling one is NOT an option. Is there a fix for this please?

It just continually loops with these 2 errors

if not has the 2019 version ever resolved the multiple VPN issues it used to have or do I need to go back to the 2018 version.
Some links to the latest full versions of 2018/2019 or fixed version of 2020 would be brilliant thanks.

Hello @lucid,

Welcome!

➡ The Graphics Driver issue was supposed to be fixed with patch E.

🛑 Specifically, what VPN issues please, we’ll check if we know what the problems were? 

💥 If you let is know your previous Kaspersky Forum name, we’ll look at your old posts🤔  

1. Let Kaspersky Technical Support know, they’ll need a GSI  & Windows logs, KIS install logs, detailed history, images and they may need Traces, they will guide you if Traces are needed.
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know what they advise?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

My previous account in the old forum was lucids NOW here as lucid thanks.

Well I installed the newest version and that was patch h for me and as you can see the problem still exists. The PC is a Dell XPS15 with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 as well as an Nvidia GeForce GT540M.

The issues with KIS2019 & VPN were abundant at the time and not just with Nord. It was not related to Secure Connection which wasn’t installed. There was some conflict with KIS that made Nord have multiple errors I seem to remember. It was not obvious at 1st that it was KIS2019. i reverted back to 18 and waited for a fix. but left it when 2020 came out and assumed all was wll with that on KIS 2020 as its working on another system with VPN ok. But with KIS2020 I can’t even start the program and its not fixed with patch h. In the meantime I’ve reverted back to KIS 2018 until there is some solution offered.
thanks.

• Solution

My previous account in the old forum was lucids NOW here as lucid thanks.

Well I installed the newest version and that was patch h for me and as you can see the problem still exists. The PC is a Dell XPS15 with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 as well as an Nvidia GeForce GT540M.

The issues with KIS2019 & VPN were abundant at the time and not just with Nord. It was not related to Secure Connection which wasn’t installed. There was some conflict with KIS that made Nord have multiple errors I seem to remember. It was not obvious at 1st that it was KIS2019. i reverted back to 18 and waited for a fix. but left it when 2020 came out and assumed all was wll with that on KIS 2020 as its working on another system with VPN ok. But with KIS2020 I can’t even start the program and its not fixed with patch h. In the meantime I’ve reverted back to KIS 2018 until there is some solution offered.
thanks.

Hello, @lucid 

I have sent a PM to you. Following the instruction and reply result to me here.

Regards.

HI
Flood
I haven't as yet done anything except post on here and put back version 2018. I need a working protected system for next couple days then I can image the C partition and try again with 2020 version and carry out whatever tests to find the issue. Its 4.30 am here and I should be sleeping..

Thanks Wesly I will check my PMs now and sort this asap
Thanks

Lets try to install 2020 version with patch J(released a couple days ago)? Does the issue persist in this case?

As a variant create a request to Tech support and ask for 2021 version. Check the issue in this version. Tell about the results.

Thanks!

Hi Anton,
I had no access to the KIS2020 patch J version so could not try that.
But i can now confirm that the issue is resolved in the 2021 version 21.0.44.1537

with fully restored functionality. If you need any further info let me know.
thanks