KIS 20.0.0.829 on MAC causing network block [merged, cross-posting]

Hey people.

It’s been a while since I have this weird and irritating issue. Every few hours, I have to force quit KIS from Activity Monitor so it gets restarted and let’s browsers, Skype, Telegram Desktop … to work again or else network reachability is blocked for those.

When I got my MacBook Pro 2017, it came with OS High Sierra and I never had issues with it. an OS crash happened after an update of MAC OS Sierra and I had to upgrade to Mojave to be able to use the device again and after sometime issue started.

My brother have the  same machine and OS and he also has the same issue as me.

1-I am using KIS 20.0.0.829 fully updated on a long license plan

2-I am on MACBook Pro 2017 with OS Mojave updated to the latest

2-I did try uninstalling and reinstalling a freshly downloaded package from KIS download page

I have to say sometimes I feel KIS make the system run a bit slow.

Hello @Sajjad,

Welcome!

• Please follow all instructions in What to do if Kaspersky Internet Security 20 for Mac functions incorrectly, including, if the documented solutions do not help, contacting Kaspersky Technical Support, include MAC LogsTrace files & a detailed history, including all actions taken?
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

Unfortunately gathering traced logs and sending it to the support lab was not helpful. They just close the incident.

Every night  when I close my laptop and it logs off, next morning when  I open it, many apps can not have network access, I have to exit or force quit KIS to make them working, afterwards if I start KIS, all still goes fine.

I explained this and LAB just considers this resolution.

I’d rather get the support here from you guys and if not, I am more than happy to dump KIS and try another internet security.

Open it so what happens exactly? I sent them logs and I provided all info.

It  should have been enough to sort this.

I’m not blaming Kaspersky though. It’s a sxxx show Apple company runs on many devices regarding many apps. I have Kaspersky on my gaming PC and it never ever slows down my gaming experience.

If you want here is the reference number of my ticket ID INC000011622849

Mod Note: edited foul language.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for getting back to you late.

After @Anton Mefodys reopened my case, an agent sent my details to Kaspersky HQ labs, then they asked for some details including my trace files which I provided.

6 days ago the agent came back to me saying the HQ labs been able to  trace and detect the cause of the issue and developers are working to make a patch which might take 2 to 3 weeks. It will be applied to one of the upcoming auto updates.

I am just not sure when would I know that my KIS20 has received the patch, to see the effect.

Hello @Sajjad,

Thank you for the update👌

• Most of the time the Lab does not have an exact date, that’s why they say things like: “patch/fix might take 2 to 3 weeks” & “it will be applied in an upcoming auto updates”.
  • 2 to 3 weeks from 20th of June is anytime between 4th to 11th of July 2020, patches are distributed silently, to apply patches, systems must be fully shutdown and restarted; in the 4 → 11th time frame you could reboot every 24 hours, otherwise, go back to the agent, tell them you’d appreciate them letting you know when the patch is ready so you can verify it works🤔
  • Check your KIS 20.0.0.829 version & patch(x) x=letter information; ask the agent if the patch/fix is for general distribution or specific to your case? 
  • & maybe @Anton Mefodys will update your topic.

Please let us know the outcome? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I've had a host of intermittent network-related issues  similar to what's reported here, and I'm watching this issue closely because today suddenly I couldn't access certain sites without getting a network privacy error (expired security certificate). After spending hours w/ my service provider and Apple, and reloading OSX, it became immediately clear that turning off KIS solved it, which is great, but also sucks because I like KIS. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @malsaeed55
Welcome!
May we know please:

1. MAC operating system version?
  2. Is MAC fully updated? 
  3. When "Firefox, Google Chrome and others application not connecting to the internet", happens, are there any errors? If “yes” may we have images please? 
  4. Does Safari connect to the internet?
  5. Has the problem just started or always existed? 
  6. Has a check of Applications incompatible with KIS20 for Mac been done?
  7. Have KIS been uninstalled and reinstalled according to documented instructions? 

Please let us know?
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hello @FLOOD 

Kindly find out the answers:

1. MAC operating system version? 10.15.5
  2. Is MAC fully updated?  YES
  3. When "Firefox, Google Chrome and others application not connecting to the internet", happens, are there any errors? If “yes” may we have images please? Attached

4. Does Safari connect to the internet? Yes its working
  5. Has the problem just started or always existed? Since I install KIS its started and if i quiet it 
  6. Has a check of Applications incompatible with KIS20 for Mac been done? Yes and I dont have any of these application
  7. Have KIS been uninstalled and reinstalled according to documented instructions?  Yes

Thank you 

Hello @malsaeed55,

Thank you for the additional information and the image👌

• There’s a number of topics, listed at the end of this reply, “speaking” about a known bug, expected to be fixed in the long awaited next patch, (ioo) the issue you’ve reported may be related, note, the topics are not identical, but have similar characteristics; please read and also, please raise a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, tell them exact detail, include all troubleshooting & recovery steps taken, include image(s) and trace filesSystem Report and the system.log file - follow the template as a guide: 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

• Please let us know what Kaspersky Technical Support advise when the information is available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Reference topics:

KIS 20.0.0.829 on MAC causing network block

Cannot browse some website

Since this morning, access to Microsoft 365 Admin is impossible. “Safari can’t establish a secure connection”

• 3 weeks later...

So here is an update:

48  hrs ago I was asked to restart my laptop so KIS databases get updated. After doing so, the KIS version changed from 20.0.0829b to 20.0.0829b.c

Since that change, I am keeping the performance of my laptop under close monitoring and within a 7 days I can tell you whether something has changed to a positive level or not.

Same issue here. MacBook Pro 16”. Also Catalina (latest version)

I uninstalled Kaspersky because I didn’t know how to fix the issue without rebooting the computer every time.

Very interested to see if the problem is fixed in the latest version. So I can reinstall the software again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @Aqua Zinc Pointer,

Welcome back!

1. Is your KIS software on patch C? If “no” please update, if “yes” continue with 2.
  2. Has the issue been checked with KIS Mac version 21.0.0.464 ?
  3. If “no”, please do so; if “yes” & the issue persists, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the guidance & template in our previous reply above; to @malsaeed55 15th July 2020.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

Kaspersky Internet Security 2021 for Mac