KIS 20 freezes MacBook Pro (Catalina) after waking up. [merged] [Confirmed]

Yin Zhang
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Thanks, @FLOOD!

That’s odd that they’re claiminng patch B is the latest version as I didn’t have this b.c version before, but see if after the reboot. Not that I think you don’t believe me, but I am including a screenshot that includes the version, and the text saying 20.0.0.829b.c  is the latest. Can you please follow up with KHP to see what they say?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @ZeeKin,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the image & the query🙏

• We absolutely believe you 100% & we did so before the image; the issue is not the information you’ve provided, Kaspersky releases patches & versions in staggered distributions, and, frequently, what is known in Moscow is not communicated to other parts of the business; let alone Kaspersky customers. 
  • (ioo) Patch c has been released, somewhere across the globe, which would account for you having Patch c, the Release notes information will be updated, at some stage, hopefully sooner rather than later🤔
  • When the MAC wakes up, let us know if the performance issues are resolved please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Got it! Thanks for following up.

I just woke up my Mac to write this reply and so far, so good! My Mac fired right up without hanging.  This is just one attempt, so fingers crossed that it’ll continue and the bad behavior is a thing of the past.

@FLOOD after several days of using my Mac with version 20.0.0.829b.c, I feel comfortable saying the issue seems to be resolved for me. I haven’t experienced any of the pesky hangups and connection blocks I was having for the past 6+ months.

Hopefully, everyone who’s also experienced this issue received the update, and that it’s permanently solved in the ‘21 update. Thanks!

After reinstating the defaults on my  Mac for sleep settings  with version 20.0.0.829b.c has not currently locked up or given me any problems. The best test was allowing it to be in sleep mode every night throughout the day until I got home from work. It passed that also. All other problems seem to be fixed which is cool. I juts it would have been sooner or at least better communication since it seemed to be a PR disaster that relay didn't need to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also got the update to 20.0.0.829a.b.c and tested a few times. My MAC no longer hangs after waking up from long periods of sleeping. I wake up in the morning, open the screen and it’s working straight away. Thanks very much for the fix!!

• 3 months later...