KIS 20 freezes MacBook Pro (Catalina) after waking up. [merged] [Confirmed]

Yin Zhang
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I told them its been half-year already that I'm having this issue  with my Mac freezes after sleep mode and got this from them, hope it helps you guys.

Dear customer,

My name is Christopher and I will be handling your case.

Thank you for contacting us. I would like to inform you that our support operates on business days, Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:30, which explains a delay in our reply, for which we apologize.

Indeed we have been facing an issue when Mac systems go to sleep. Such issue is to be resolved with the release of patch "C" of the 2020 release of "Internet Security", scheduled for release by the end of June. It may also be resolved with version 2021 scheduled for release late May.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your reply. I understand your frustration but I am afraid releasing patches is a bit more complicated than an average user might think. Without the diagnostic though, I can't confirm that the issue that you are facing is this particular bug.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @sun

Thank you for the update👌

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello everybody: 

1. @Yin Zhang 
  2. @disco 
  3. @anastrophe
  4. @Tuxy79 
  5. @vitalyv 
  6. @Tomacco 
  7. @Ak55mm 
  8. @nuptownboy 
  9. @Dolphin 
  10. @duvasae 
  11. @kettu7 
  12. @Cervik 
  13. @salparadise 
  14. @ongleonard 
  15. @adrv1400 
  16. @DrAshB 
  17. @mckeen316 
  18. @Wakior 
  19. @Yona 
  20. @J. Moreau 
  21. @kaliki 
  22. @Najeeb 
  23. @maca 
  • It looks like everybody needs to keep an eye out for  KIS (MAC)v20,  patch C - due by the end of June 2020
  • Keep in mind, patches are released in a staggered distribution, the release date does not mean the patch will “arrive” on any specific machine or region on that day, sometimes it takes days & or weeks for patches to arrive
  • ✅ If, after applying patch C, the fix works, please share the happy news in this topic?👏😁
  • ❎ If, after applying patch C, the fix doesn’t work, please share the unhappy news in this topic?😢😠

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Forgot to mention this earlier but is anyone else having issues with Kaspersky causing certain apps to not access the internet?

Sometimes the app store, microsoft office google chrome and a few other applications are unusable as they cannot connect to the internet.  Fore quitting kaspersky solves this.

Hello @vitalyv,

Welcome back!

• Unfortunately, sometimes the Topics are marked Solved by someone other than the person who raised the Topic, this sometimes happens when someone provides information that advises a “fix”, even if the fix has not been implemented or better still, the fix works🤔
  • In this case, it’s clear the issue is far from solved, and as @Yin Zhang has already advised, he did not select ✔Best answer, which is the trigger to change a Topic status from ❓Question to ✅Solved.
  • The patch, as per the advice from @Danila T. is patch C - due by the end of June 2020

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Forgot to mention this earlier but is anyone else having issues with Kaspersky causing certain apps to not access the internet? Sometimes the app store, microsoft office google chrome and a few other applications are unusable as they cannot connect to the internet.  Fore quitting kaspersky solves this.

Hello @duvasae

Welcome back!

• (imo) “Sometimes the app store, microsoft office google chrome and a few other applications are unusable as they cannot connect to the internet.  Fore quitting kaspersky solves this.” is a separate issue, it would be best raised as a new topic. 
  • And, has “Sometimes the app store, microsoft office google chrome and a few other applications are unusable as they cannot connect to the internet.  Fore quitting kaspersky solves this.” been escalated to Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Forgot to mention this earlier but is anyone else having issues with Kaspersky causing certain apps to not access the internet?

Sometimes the app store, microsoft office google chrome and a few other applications are unusable as they cannot connect to the internet.  Fore quitting kaspersky solves this.

I had the same issue and can confirm that Kaspersky causes the problem. I uninstall Kaspersky and the long-running problem is gone, but I have to use uninstall wizard, just “move to trash” doesn’t uninstall its process called “kav”, which I guess it is problem. 

Guest #4466

I have the same issue on a MacBook and iMac for several month. The paste of bug fixes is unacceptable.

Stephan

• 3 weeks later...

Joined the community for this issue, glad I’m not the only one experiencing this.

Security Cloud user here. Similar freezing problem. Ticket is now open with the support team.

Uninstalled for now since system is unusable due to constant crash.

Kaspersky are not compatible with MacBook Pro.

It’s always freezes the MacBook after wake up. 

The problem is known for about one year but nothing is done to solve it.

Is this because Kaspersky are not interested about MacOs user?

Hello @Wakior

Welcome!

Correct, it is a known and acknowledged issue, refer @Yin Zhang’s topic: KIS 20 freezes MacBook Pro (Catalina) after waking up. [merged] [Confirmed], according to an update in that topic, Kaspersky Technical Support (Christopher) advised @sun:  “Indeed we have been facing an issue when Mac systems go to sleep. Such issue is to be resolved with the release of patch "C" of the 2020 release of "Internet Security", scheduled for release by the end of June. It may also be resolved with version 2021 scheduled for release late May” 

AFAWK, KIS2021 has not yet been released. 

As for “why it’s taken so long?”, who knows, the lack of information clearly leads to speculation. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

Im assuming this problem has not been resolved, just reinstalled my MAC OS for nothing, should have kept to my gut instincts that Kaspersky was causing the issue when waking up from sleep.

When is PATCH C coming ?, we in July now.

Hello all, 

• Unfortunately, patch eta’s are never set in concrete, even when Kaspersky says “ scheduled for release by the end of x date ”, those dates can & do change. 
  • However, it sure would be good to hear from Kaspersky on the issue/bug/fix → 6+ months and very little feedback is unsatisfactory🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Like others, I am incredibly disappointed with this issue and the lack of communication with the user base. I continuously come back to this thread, hoping for some form of resolution, but nothing.

I feel Kaspersky not having a solution for this issue after 6+ months is a huge letdown. I understand fixes take time, I’m in product development. But the fact that their product is “faulty,” and causes our computers to suffer, is simply unacceptable.

I’m also starting to get more notifications regarding Kaspersky’s legacy system extension being incompatible with future versions of macOS. These two issues have me a bit concerned about trusting them with the overall security of my system. I guess we’ll just have to keep on waiting.

While macOS is inherently secure, I’m a firm believer that all operating systems require a form of protection from malware. As Kaspersky is causing my computers to be unstable, I have moved to another product. 

I can confirm that I am no longer experiencing freezing after the device wakes nor random hangs which I have now attribute to Kaspersky.

I won’t post the vendor publically however if you are interested, please feel free to PM me.

Good luck to everyone else.

It’s 22nd July and still no official response, this is ridiculous as we can’t effectively use the AV on our Mac laptops.

Can someone from Kaspersky Labs, please provide an ETA on when to expect the update?

Hello @Grigor, @ZeeKin@codewitch,

Welcome!

• As far as “when”, Kaspersky never publishes a specific date, the communications generally amount to information shared in the Community, and of course, statements from Kaspersky experts, e.g. @Danila T.; for example @Tiranon, in his topic Frage zur neuen Version, was told by support “...in the next few days”, which he queried and was told “... it can be within a week. In any case, no longer than a month.
  • Apart from the fact this specific issue is affecting so many users, (ioo) the radio silence has contributed to a PR disaster. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

After updating my database today, I was prompted to reboot. Once rebooted and Kaspersky was loaded, I looked up my version and saw 20.0.0.829b.c. Is this the fabled patch we’ve all been waiting for??

If so, I cannot speak to performance yet as my system has not been woken up from sleep. Can anyone else attest to improvements?

Hello @ZeeKin,

Welcome back!

Thank you for updating the Community👏

• Regarding “20.0.0.829b.c - is this the fabled patch we’ve all been waiting for?”, we don’t know; we checked with Kaspersky’s Helpdesk, this is what they said:

quote:

• Q1  “What is the latest available patch
  • A1  “It’s Patch B, version 20.0.0.829 Patch B” 
  • Q2  “So there's no 20.0.0.829b.c ?”
  • A2  “Patch C, is due to be released by the end of this month or most probably early or mid of next month.”
  • Q3  “Ok, so the end of July is the 31/07/2020, today is the 30/07/2020, so patch C is due by tomorrow or early or mid of August 2020, is that correct?” 
  • A3  “That is correct
  • Q4  “Is there any information available that shows what Patch C is?”
  • A4  “When Patch C is released the information will be available (for customers) at the moment there is no information available to share, it's still a work in progress. It will include bug fixes; the patch information will be available at Kaspersky Internet Security 20 for Mac release notes 

unquote

?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳