Yin Zhang
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello @salparadise,

Thank you for replying👌

On the Support for home products page, select your Country, then select, Purchasing & Licensing, then select from available options: Phone (not available all regions), Online Chat (not available all regions), Submit a Request via (your) My.Kaspersky account

The How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application, documentation is as follows: 

• If the license was purchased via the Kaspersky website or your My Kaspersky account, click this link and enter your order number and account password.
  • Alternatively, contact Digital River's customer service department through their self-service portal.
  • If you made your purchase via a different Kaspersky partner, please contact them directly.
  • If the license was purchased from a non Kaspersky or non Kaspersky Business Partner, i.e. an online merchant/market place, it’s necessary to contact the selling merchant directly. 
  • Information to provide:

Before contacting the seller, please have the following information at hand:

1. Date of the purchase.
  2. Your full name.
  3. The e-mail address used for the purchase.
  4. Order number from the confirmation e-mail.

Please post back if there’s any issues, noting, the Kaspersky Community cannot resolve refund issues, but we can provide guidance.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Additional resource:

RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact freezing issue when I installed the KIS 2020, I had to restore and reinstall mac Catalina 4 times until I figured out this KIS 2020 was the culprit behind the crashes after waking up from sleep. I installed SW one by one to test, and finally KIS 2020 is confirmed crashing my macOS immediately after installed. After uninstalling KIS, I have confirmed no issue, the problem vanished. 

I had been a subscriber for Kaspersky for many years on Windows, after migrating to macOS. this is the most frustrating issue I face with Kaspersky SW. Please fix it!!!! This is unacceptable to pay a KIS 2020 subscription that does not work at all on macOS. Its ok to have small bugs, BUT a bug that crashes the whole system is not acceptable.

I am planning on posting this link to every public Kaspersky social media platform that I can find.  Between this issue and https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254964-kaspersky-2020-g-update-released/page/3/ the software is basically unusable.

Please provide an exact ETA for the fix or I will just have to find a new AV provider and post to any public site that will listen.

I am planning on posting this link to every public Kaspersky social media platform that I can find.  Between this issue and https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/254964-kaspersky-2020-g-update-released/page/3/ the software is basically unusable.

Please provide an exact ETA for the fix or I will just have to find a new AV provider and post to any public site that will listen.

Can you guys please clarify if and when it is getting fixed. I’m lucky I have only installed the trial version but certainly won’t buy a subscription if it keeps freezing my MacBook 5 times/day. 

Hello @adrv1400 & @DrAshB

Welcome!

Unfortunately, here in the Kaspersky Community, we do not have the requested exact fix eta information.

All we know is based on the advice @Danila T. posted on the 3rd of February 2020, “Known issue. We are working on a fix.”

Even with known issues, it would be good if every impacted affected person logs a case, directly with the Kaspersky Technical Support Team.

It’s hoped the Kaspersky Technical Support Team will take some positive action by providing an update🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Why is this thread marked as ‘SOLVED’ when it clearly is not? I have the same issue and have trawled this thread looking for the solution, which doesn’t appear to exist.

Do we get a refund for this? I am sick of rebooting and losing work in cloud based applications every time. Not acceptable to have this take over four months for a fix.

😤😤

Same issue. macOS 10.15.3.

It’s about 6 month that I was looking to resolve the issue.

I reinstalled macOS  several time!!

It’s very shame on Kaspersky selling application that constantly crashing!

And I don’t understand why this tread is marked “resolved” !!!!!

Hello  @mckeen316 & @Wakior,

Welcome!

I agree, the ongoing issue is not at all satisfactory🤔

Regarding a Refund, unfortunately, that isn’t something the Kaspersky Community can assist with, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support: on the Support for home products page, select your Country, then select, Purchasing & Licensing, then select from available options: Phone (not available all regions), Online Chat (not available all regions), Submit a Request via (your) My.Kaspersky account

The How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application, documentation is as follows: 

• If the license was purchased via the Kaspersky website or your My Kaspersky account, click this link and enter your order number and account password.
  • Alternatively, contact Digital River's customer service department through their self-service portal.
  • If you made your purchase via a different Kaspersky partner, please contact them directly.
  • If the license was purchased from a non Kaspersky or non Kaspersky Business Partner, i.e. an online merchant/market place, it’s necessary to contact the selling merchant directly. 
  • Information to provide:

Before contacting the seller, please have the following information at hand:

1. Date of the purchase.
  2. Your full name.
  3. The e-mail address used for the purchase.
  4. Order number from the confirmation e-mail.

Additional resource:

RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS

To explain how the Topic has a Solved status, when the person who raises the Topic, reads a reply they feel answers the question they raised, they may choose to select “Best answer”, in this particular Topic, @Danila T. replied to  @Yin Zhang ‘s query; @Yin Zhang has chosen to select that reply as Best answer; selecting Best answer, changes the status of a Topic from Question to Solved, even if the issue is not fixed/resolved. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@Yin Zhang has chosen to select that reply as Best answer; selecting Best answer, changes the status of a Topic from Question to Solved, even if the issue is not fixed/resolved. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I cannot recall when I chose Danila’s answer as best answer, seriously.

Maybe it is a mistake?

Or I did choose the answer somehow.

Hmmmm...

Anyway, I still have the problem. So these days, i just choose to turn off KIS on my mac.

Hoping they will solve this problem one day.

To explain how the Topic has a Solved status, when the person who raises the Topic, reads a reply they feel answers the question they raised, they may choose to select “Best answer”, in this particular Topic, @Danila T. replied to  @Yin Zhang ‘s query; @Yin Zhang has chosen to select that reply as Best answer; selecting Best answer, changes the status of a Topic from Question to Solved, even if the issue is not fixed/resolved. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

And I don’t think i know how to deselect the “best answer”.

Hello @Yin Zhang

Welcome back!

Thank you for updating the Topic👌 . 

To have the status changed from Solved back to Question, has to be done by a Moderator, if you could please send them a PM & let them know you’d like the Topic reset, they’ll be more than happy to assist.

(imo) it’s pretty clear, atm, this Topic has not been solved🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I have raised a support request with technical support and received the following answer, I suggest everyone else does the same so that Kaspersky have enough info to fully fix this issue.

“Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that you have been facing such an issue with Internet Security and your Mac. Indeed there is such an issue when Mac goes to sleep which will be addressed with patch "C" of the 2020 version of our product as well as with version 2021. Till then, not using sleep mode is advised.”

I’ve also been asked to enable tracing and reproduce the issue so that I can send them logs, will be doing this later on today.

• 2 weeks later...

So the only solution seems to be to never let the Mac go to sleep? I certainly hope this is fixed soon, I can't imagine this this taking 6 months to patch. I haven't been able to properly use my subscription since I bought it.

Hello @Danila T.,

• Is there any information that can be provided, as  @J. Moreau has so eloquently said “I can't imagine this taking 6 months to patch”, none of us can, what is the delay and why is there radio silence on the issue? 

Please tell us? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Yin Zhang

Regarding the fact you did not select Best answer and the fact the issue is far from Solved, did you PM a Moderator and ask them to reset the Topic back to Question? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 

I din’t know it is a known problem with Kaspersky on Mac otherwise I wouldn’t have installed it in first place. 

In fact after expiry of my two years Norton Internet Security subscription, I just wanted to try any other option with better parental control, So i gave a try to Kaspersky and it was a terrible experience. 

I installed it last night and after then, since today’s morning system kept crashing, freezing and restarting for enormous amount of times. 

After freaking out for so long I searched for a solution on internet and found, it’s already a known issue and I made a bad choice. I just uninstalled it and everything after it is cool as it should be. No crashing, freezing or restarting anymore. Thanks guys, you help me in making out my decision, in fact reverting wrong choice that i made to install Kaspersky!

Regards,

Najeeb

I installed it last night and after then, since today’s morning system kept crashing, freezing and restarting for enormous amount of times. 

I have been using Kaspersky for over 10 years now and found it to be the best out there, so i wouldn’t switch. This problem simply causes a Mac to freeze for a few seconds after resuming from long time Sleep. That’s it, no other issues(It’s kind of an annoying problem that should have been fixed by now).

Think the problems you are describing might be something different.

As I explained, it wasn’t just freezing, after a few seconds my Mac restarted. And this behaviour had no end to it. Soon after restarting and rebooting, as I continue any work on Macbook it again freezed and restarted for several time. I was stuck into this cycle for more than 30 times. 

It is freezing my MacBook also. That is really unfortunate, and it is quite common for me to put my computer to sleep, and then everything freezes when I open the lid. 

Any idea when this will this fix be released? Since I installed Kaspersky I have this freezing problem and also sometimes my computer cannot establish a secure connection with any website. Quite frustrating.

I am using Catalina 10.15.4 on MacBook Pro 2018, and the latest version of Kaspersky.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as understand they promise to provide fix in march or early April, at least when I call to support team in january. I don’t think they have priority on fixing this issue. Norton AV working fine.

Hello @vitalyv,

Welcome back!

• It seems you might be right🤔
  • When everyone is logging a case, is the advice provided by @Danila T.  Feb 3rd 2020, “We working on a fix” added to the incident? 
  • If not, please do so, otherwise, (imo) the Technical Team may continue to process each case as only happening to one person☹

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you FLOOD,

I got this issue reproduced on 4 macs: imac 2013, pro 2015/2018 and mini 2018. I don’t think it hardly possible to not to reproduce the issue, as it reproduced on ALL 4 macs/ for 3 appleIds. I also has 1 windows desktop, where it works fine.

It took time for me to realise that this is KIS, 2 guys from apple genius bar help me debug it out. They initially replaced motherboard but it not solved issue. So I spent 3 hours by installing/reinstalling macos and different variations of software. Even when we realised that issue present only when KIS installed we still test different variations. Initially they throughout that issue due to parallels. But when only parallels installed we don’t observe issue. So I contact Kaspersky support with all information that guys give in hands (some logs from genius bar), but Kaspersky support has no interest in such information, they ask me to enable logs and send their logs instead. Once I submit logs I got response that they looking into problem. As it pass some amount of time, I requested again about this issue in March. They asked again to provide logs, but I didn’t do this again. Lucky my KIS Cloud edition license was near expiration, so I just turned off automatic renewal, and start looking for alternative.

I keep looking here, as I hope to get back to Kaspersky next year but if it Not resolved I have to find permanent alternative or stay with norton

So when you face issue on all 4 macs you can blame only Catalina 😀. It was nightmares to use macs since November.

But now, 2 months in a row I do not see any bridgeOs panic messages anymore. PEACE. Before it happens  5 to 10 times a day on each mac freezes or bridgeOs crashes with no idea what happens next. In total 30 to 40 crashes/freezes per day, kids unhappy, wife who has believe that I broke her mac… I’m was very angry on apple / Catalina. It over now.

I use Kaspersky since 2002 year. initially Windows only, now I migrated to macs thanks to Windows 8