Kis 20 for Mac - URL Agent Problem [Solved][Closed]

TLT
Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Hi, I am new to the Kis on Mac, before I used Kis on windows, everything was okey. But I just move to Macos and and I realize the Kis doesn’t show the small icon which show the link status next to links in Safari. I am running Catalina, the version of Kis is 20.0.0.829b and successfully enable the extension in Safari, the setting of Kis also confirm this. I also tried to disable and enable the URL Advisor both in the Kis extension icon on Safari toolbar and in the setting but the problem is still persists.

Hello @TLT,

Welcome!

1. Is KIS licensed?
  2. Is Web Anti-Virus enabled? 
  3. Are there any Incompatible applications
  4. Are all System requirements correct? 
  5. Does the same issue happen in Chrome or Firefox
  6. Has KIS been uninstalled & reinstalled ?
  7. May I have an image of the issue please?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Hi, @FLOOD 

1. The KIS is licensed.
  2. Yes
  3. I install KIS right after I reinstall Macos Catalina so no incompatible application.
  4. Yes
  5. It doesn’t work in Firefox too.

6. I already tried to uninstall then install again but the issue still there.
  7. This is screen capture of safari without any kaspersky icon next to the link:

Hello @TLT

Thank you for replying, the information and the images👌

Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, they will request: full history, KIS Scan Report(s), MacOS Report&Logs & may request Traces collected as the issue is replicated, Technical Support will provide you with exact instructions for these procedures.

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

MacOS KIS Library

MacOS General articles

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi, I am new to the Kis on Mac, before I used Kis on windows, everything was okey. But I just move to Macos and and I realize the Kis doesn’t show the small icon which show the link status next to links in Safari. I am running Catalina, the version of Kis is 20.0.0.829b and successfully enable the extension in Safari, the setting of Kis also confirm this. I also tried to disable and enable the URL Advisor both in the Kis extension icon on Safari toolbar and in the setting but the problem is still persists.

Hello,

URL Advisor highlights only dangerous (malicious) or phishing links with the red shield icon. Unlike Windows, green, yellow, or grey icons are no longer available since KIS for Mac 2019. This option is intended to check the safety of URLs / websites while surfing on the Internet. If the application detects a malicious link, it will put a red icon informing you of that.

Hello @Danila T.,

Thank you for posting this important information👏 .

• Why have the green, grey & orange shields been removed from KIS 2019+/ Mac ❓

It would be really helpful if the URL Advisor documentation “Show status icon next to links”, included a statement that only green URL icon shields were available for KIS 2019+ in a Mac environment please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Danila T.,

Thank you, that will be a very welcome update👍

• Please tell us why the greengrey & orange/yellow shields been removed from KIS 2019+/ Mac ❓

From a consumer perspective, standardized Kaspersky features is not an unreasonable expectation🤔

Additionally, many Kaspersky consumers have both Mac & Windows devices, it’s very confusing when features are not consistent, made more so when the features previously existed and are “vanished” without explanation😔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Danila T. 

Thank you for replying. 

Ok, so Apple/KIS consumers are not entitled to know why KIS has changed🤔

& bc there’s no transparency, we waste our time trying to work out why our KIS product is not working as it did previously…😒

That makes sense on so many levels, not🤐

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳