Keyboard Not Working?

Joefram80

I purchased kaspersky total internet security few weeks ago.   I did this because I was going to do a clean reinstall of windows ten pro on a laptop and want more security.  I did the clean reinstall and installed kaspersky total and it was good.

Now just recently, my keyboard when entering into the address bar of firefox, chrome and even edge does not work.  I did install the kaspersky extension for weeks ago for each of these browsers.  I mainly been using firefox because I read its the safest browser.

The thing is for some reason, keys like pageup, pagedown, backspace, enter, Caps Lock, ` and several of the function keys seem to work on the keyboard.  And by keyboard, im talking about the laptop keyboard and also an external keyboard connected via usb.  I use this laptop while connected to an external monitor almost always.

The weird thing however is… if I am on www.google.com and move my mouse to the search option on google… my keyboard does work.  I could type any character.  But when I move my mouse anywhere else, whether its the address bar or an application of a program I open, my keyboard does not work.  If I do turn on the windows on screen keyboard, well that does work no matter where I type.  Now when I turned on the kaspersky on screen keyboard, it seems to work everywhere… except the address bar of firefox/chrome/edge.

Also as of now, I have bitlocker enabled and a windows ten password enabled.  My concern is if I turn off my laptop or restart it, when it ask me for my bitlocker pin, isn’t that going to be a big issue if my keyboard does not work?  Thus I can’t type my pin in?  Could you even get the windows on screen keyboard open at the part where it ask your bitlocker pin?  I assume not right?  So to be on the safe side now, suspend bitlocker and no windows ten password because if I do that… then when I do a restart of my laptop, then it would go to the main screen?  I did not even turn off my laptop since yesterday because of this.  Also I am traveling abroad so this happening now is very frustrating as I do not have any computer.

Can you tell me what is the best advice on this?  Is this a kaspersky related issue?  It makes no sense why so few keys work on the address bar and some function keys work but none of the letters/numbers work.  Yet they work while entering in the google search menu?

Is this related to the kaspersky enable keyboard or the kaspersky enabled web browser?  Would turning those off make it work?  How do you even turn it off?  I checked online and the instructions have you going to settings and I don’t even see that when opening kaspersky total security.

I read online that 

Disabling

Enable Secure Keyboard Input would fix this issue?

Also that kaspersky web protected browser.  I have it turned on for a few banking sites.  What I notice is when I have it on, my mouse lags a lot when moving it around my screen.  Is this normal?  I use this laptop with an external monitor and notice many times I can’t even move the mouse to the other monitor and I have it on EXTEND.  But if I turn this off, is that fine?

So would disabling both of these things be fine?  Or would it jeopardize the internet security of kaspersky?  Because I can’t even type on the address bar because of this no matter with the laptop keyboard, external keyboard or even the windows or kaspersky on screen keyboard.

• 7 months later...

Press and hold down the power button until the computer turns off, then release the button. Press the power button again to turn the computer on, and test the keyboard to see if it works. If that does not work, try draining all power from the computer, which helps reset the motherboard.

Greetings,
J Wick