Keyboard does not respond (Win10, Chrome)

AL1

This happens every time the on-screen secure keyboard is (automatically) enabled in any password field under Chrome. Letter keys will not respond anywhere (for example, words, notepad, etc.), while function keys such as <Enter> can still work normally. My current solution is to open a new Chromepage, go to the Google search engine (by clicking on a bookmark, as I can’t enter anything in the address bar), and then type something in the search field. After that, the letter keys will work normally again.

Has anyone experienced it? Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have the same problem. I cannot sign in my accounts with passwords saved in Chrome - “Kaspersky… enabled” appear and I am out of my account. I didn’t ask Kaspersky tp manage my passwords - why suddenly I have all this? 

I think I have the same problem. I cannot sign in my accounts with passwords saved in Chrome - “Kaspersky… enabled” appear and I am out of my account. I didn’t ask Kaspersky tp manage my passwords - why suddenly I have all this? 

Hello @J21

Welcome!

1. Which KIS version patch(x) x=letter, is installed → on Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?
  2. How long KIS been installed
  3. May we have an image of the “ Kaspersky… enabled ” issue?
  4. When you installed KIS did you uncheck the “install Kaspersky Password Manager” option? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

What is KIS version. I uninstalled Kaspersky extension from Chrome, closed all programs and opened them again, was able to change the password and sign in … finally. I am not sure what this Kaspersky did, also I didn’t ask it to manage my passwords (I didn’t enable it). I saw a small icon appearing when was trying to sign in with a saved by Chrome password, where I saw very quickly that Kaspersky… enabled” - don’t remember all words - it was a very quick appearance. 

Hello @J21

1. Is the Kaspersky anti virus software, Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) or something else? 
  2. On Windows Taskbar, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About?
  3. How long has your Kaspersky software been installed
  4. When you installed the Kaspersky software  did you uncheck the “install Kaspersky Password Manager” option? 
  5. May we have an image of the “ Kaspersky… enabled ” issue?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky Total Security (for 3 years)

21.1.15.500 ©

On this computer - near 1 month. On other computers - near a year

I don’t think that I unchecked it - that’s why it constantly asking to make it enabled. I am still thinking, so I didn’t shut these questions down, just click on “remind later”

I couldn't get the image because it was too quick (I even clicked a few times on “submit” (password) to actually see what is there) and now I removed the extension from Chrome. The word “Kaspersky” was in green letters, other words in black, all this - in a small box like 8 mm x 3 cm 

Hello @J21,

Thank you for the information👌  
➡ Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) is up to version 21.2.16.590(a)⬅

It’s recommended to update, after doing so, any Kaspersky Password Manager notifications/recommendations, you should select Ignore, Skip or Do not show again, as in our image:

• After updating, make sure you shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started, run a manual Database update, shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login, make sure KTS is started, check that patch(a) has been applied? 

Please let us know if the KPM alerts continue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry for the late reply. 

I am using KIS 21.1.15.500 ©
I have disabled the “Enable secure Keyboard input”, under Settings > Additional > Secure Data Input > Secure Keyboard Input, and I don’t have the same problem anymore. 

But for some reasons, my KIS doesn’t seem to be working properly (PC frozen when I tried to perform a Full Scan) in the last few days and I am going to reset my PC and reinstall everything. 

Hello @AL1

No problem☺ ! 

Thank you for taking the time to update us👌

If KIS is not working properly, before reinstalling, check the following:

1. All Windows updates have a “Successfully applied” status? 
  2. Check for any applications installed on your computer that are incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security

If there’s continuing problems, please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks. I have reset my pc to factory setting and reinstalled everything and it seems fine now. I didn’t notice that my KIS installed previously was so outdated until I downloaded the current version and read your post. Thanks for your help. :)

• 1 month later...

I think that this problem is the same issue solved temporarily with keyboard class upper filter solution made for business products (BAD USB settings on endpoint protection). Can you (staff) check this?

KIS 21.2.16.590b on Win10 20H2 x64