Key & Shield floating over home page of Samsung S21

Debra08

I don’t know what option I’ve chosen in the Kaspersky Internet Security App, but I can’t handle the key and shield that floats around and I constantly have to move.

Would appreciate anyones knowledge as to how to remove.  I’ve googled and searched but can’t find.

thanks 

I don’t know what option I’ve chosen in the Kaspersky Internet Security App, but I can’t handle the key and shield that floats around and I constantly have to move.

Hello @Debra08

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Samsung S21 Android version & One UI version, go to (phone) Settings, scroll to the very bottom, select About phone, select Software information
  2. What action immediately precedes the KIS icons “floating” around, for example, do you open KIS & check Real-time protection, or another function or ? 
  3. Open (phone), select Settings, select Apps, select KIS, scroll thru App info → is Appear on top enabled? 
  4. Post an image of the key icon please?  (it sounds like Kaspersky Password Manager - has that been installed?) 
  5. Have (phone), Settings, Notifications, Advanced Settings, Floating Notifications, Smart pop-up view, (for KIS & key) been enabled? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Debra08 
You're most welcome!
Thank you for the information & the image, that's a big help!

(ioo), there’s no ‘permission’ in KIS & or KPM that allows them to land in a bubble on the home screen & overlay all other apps, so, we have to work out which android feature it is… let’s try 

1. Is Lock home screen layout on? 
  2. What happens if the 'bubble' is selected & held

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Debra08

Thanks for posting back & the information!

1. KIS will always show in the Notifications - that’s as per design.
  2. Uninstall KPM  (phone) Settings, Apps, select KPM, select Uninstall, at the completion of the uninstall power off the phone, power on, login, recheck the bubble - what shows? 
  3. KPM tiny key when KPM is active

4. The tiny key near the wifi is showing Kaspersky’s VPN is active:

5. Kaspersky’s Free VPN comes preinstalled with KIS → new design, bah-humbug Kaspersky!?, Premium VPN is an additional subscription
  6. Kaspersky’s VPN cannot be uninstalled without installing the KIS AV also. 
  7. Kaspersky’s VPN can be “switched off” if not required? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋