KES 11 not compatible with SUMo [MERGED]

Hello, Some users of SUMo (Software Update Monitor - https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo ) are reporting that KES 11 are requesting them to remove SUMo from their computer. This looks as a problem in KES since I don't see where could be the problem. I assume it is not a way to push the competitor product from Kaspersky... Dear KES support, would you please provide a solution and tell us when a fix will be available so that our users can turn on KES again ? Thanks !

Quote from user :
SUMo is uninstalled only when installing or upgrading KES11. This is because the KES11 installer recognizes SUMo as a competitive product when checking for conflicting applications. I asked Kaspersky support to remove SUMo from the competition list. However, there is no guarantee that it will be done. https://support.kaspersky.com/14208#block6List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.1.1 includes KC Softwares SUMo.

Could you please clarify what promblem exactly we are trying to solve? Would you like to remove SUMo from uncompatible list or make it actually work with KES? Please notice, that you can install(or upgrade) KES with /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter and installer will not scan the system for uncompatible products. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello, Some users of SUMo (Software Update Monitor - https://www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo ) are reporting that KES 11 are requesting them to remove SUMo from their computer. This looks as a problem in KES since I don't see where could be the problem. I assume it is not a way to push the competitor product from Kaspersky... Dear KES support, would you please provide a solution and tell us when a fix will be available so that our users can turn on KES again ? Thanks !
Hello! Can you please describe what exact massage does the users have? Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Even the latest 2021 versions of Kaspersky dont like the SUMO software.

But you can uncheck this without removing, and continue you with the Kaspersky software.

When your ready you only have to uninstall the VPN and Password software if you didnt pay attention. lol

• 3 months later...

Any update on this bug in Kaspersky products ?

This bug still exists. I installed KIS 2021 the other day. During the installation process I was told that I was running incompatible software (SUMo). I ignored the warning and went ahead with the installation of KIS. No problems so far.

SUMo is an app that checks for software updates. Why does Kaspersky regard an update checker as incompatible software? When will this bug/problem be fixed by KL?

Here is a screenshot from KSC, which is similar to the warning that I got when I installed KIS the other day. You probably get a similar warning when you install KES. As far as I remember, you only get this warning when you install KIS/KES and SUMo is already installed on your computer. Maybe you don’t get a warning when you first install KIS/KES and then SUMo.

By the way, SUMo is still included in the list of apps that are considered incompatible with Kaserpersky. Why?

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/15516#block1

https://support.kaspersky.com/KESWin/11.5.0/Incompatible.txt/incompatible.txt

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is so wrong that after over 1 year the latest version still requests to remove this legitimate software! You should be ashamed of yourself for this kind of practises in fighting with a legal competitor!

Hello @Greg123456

Welcome!

If Kaspersky Internet Security is used alongside incompatible applications, the applications may not work properly and and operating system errors may occur.

Kaspersky recommends removing these applications before the installation of Kaspersky Internet Security. 

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security - sumo is listed. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resource: 

How to install Kaspersky Internet Security

Yeah, this is a lot of [removed] and you know it!

So you have created a list of competitors calling them incompatible affecting mainly the users who pay for both licences like me?

What’s the other reason of SUMo being listed if they comply with everything? How does that work if app providers have no support given to understand the reason of their app being blocked for years with no way to correct their mistakes in case of any.

This is so unprofessional.. and to be honest it’s your software which should be banned for bringing so much flood and privacy concerns in default configuration.

This is disgusting!