Kaspersky won't finish canceling after it would not finish installing

jdods

I downloaded and attempted to install the free product. After some time, the install began to stall and funny things began happening with my RoboForm install, it got stuck in synchronization, and the menu popped up from lower right screen and is stuck there. 

After waiting a while in this state, I decided to cancel the installation. It began canceling and the green bar made it almost all the way gone to the left, leaving about a quarter inch. Been like this for well over an hour. 

I managed to close all other open folders and running apps. 

I cannot get a response from the PC other that trying to stop the cancelation of Kaspersky. It tells me to wait. 

I cannot get a response when clicking the Windows 10 flag button lower left. 

Icons on the screen do highlight as I hover them, as does the Windows 10 flag. But clicking on anything does not get any response. 

My only choice seems to be to manually reboot and hope for the best. 

This is a critical machine and I cannot afford for it to go down. Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jeff 

Yes, first the install hung up, then the “install rollback” hung up.  In order to provide the log, I had to get the PC to a running state.  I used the task manager to stop RoboForm, then that allowed me to close other apps that were running.  Then within the task manager I was able to reboot the machine.  I was relieved that I booted back to a running PC.  I tried running the GSI Log exe file, but that was problematic also, it never generated any information that I could tell.  At this point, I see Kaspersky in the apps I can uninstall, but I am afraid to try that.  I am periodically having periodic issues with WaveBox apps not responding, so I know there are lingering problems.

Thank you.

Jeff

2 posts up you can see that my attempt to uninstall Kaspersky following your directions failed. I went on while I awaited your next instructions.

I tried installing a XML file converter (to Excell) called Altova and got the error in the next post saying that an install of Kaspersky has been suspended. I said I did not want to undo those changes. After capturing the image, and posting it to this thread, I learn that I cannot use the keyboard to type or use any other keys like ctrl or the windows flag, nothing. Rebooting does not help.

This has become a serious matter for me. I'm typing logged in from my Android. My PC is effectively dead. I need serious help. Thank you. 

Jeff

The keyboard issue: in the task manager, the wireless keyboard has been replaced by "wireless keyboard filter device". The status reads "a driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 33)"

Did some research and the code 32 might be referring to a registry issue. Could the registry have been messed up in the steps I have gone through above? 

Thank you. 

Jeff

I bought a new wired keyboard / mouse combo, replacing the previous wireless combo. Same problem with the keyboard, the new mouse works as did the previous. I am completely stuck.

Your assistance on steps to move forward woukd be appreciated. Thank you. 

Jeff 

@jdods My intention was to propose you to proceed with the KavRemover (after backup of your personal data) in order to cleanup the suspended installation , but your keyboard problem makes this suggestion impossible because with this tool you have to enter a security code.
? Are you able to enter into  Safe Mode ?

At this point i think your best option is K-Lab Technical Support https://center.kaspersky.com 

I chose system restore just to see if there was a restore point from before this all started yesterday morning. This path required I type in a password. While I could not remember the password, I was able to type. So perhaps I can accomplish something here. Await your next steps, in the mean time I'll see if I can fetch that file you speak of. 

Jeff