Kaspersky VPN settings for Android TV and Routers

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

ANDROID TV/ ROUTER VPN INSTALL:

Does anyone know the settings/parameters for installing Kaspersky VPN onto any standard/mainstream router..Dlink/NetGear/TP-Link/Asus/Linksys ETC ETC ETC ETC so that we can use the VPN to access specific content through our ANDROID TV?

ANDROID TV/ ROUTER VPN INSTALL: Does anyone know the settings/parameters for installing Kaspersky VPN onto any standard/mainstream router: Dlink/NetGear/TP-Link/Asus/Linksys, so we can use the VPN to access specific content through our Android TV. 

Hello @TangoDown

Welcome!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Quick VPN

Quickly and easily create a profile for secure remote access to a Local Area Network (LAN). This profile can be used to configure other devices to connect to your LAN via a secure VPN tunnel.

Features >> Quick VPN >> VPN Server

General

L2TP over IPSec:

Disabled

Username:  
Password:  
PSK:  
Save Configuration To Local Hard Drive: Save

Advanced Settings…

?

Quick VPN

Quickly and easily create a profile for secure remote access to a Local Area Network (LAN). This profile can be used to configure other devices to connect to your LAN via a secure VPN tunnel.

Features >> Quick VPN >> Connections

Incoming Connections

Outgoing Connections

VPN Client Connection Type VPN Server IP Connection Status Connection Uptime
None   Disconnected

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to give us the name of vpn server for each country please ? I need it for french server.  Thank you

Hello @Jrard

Welcome!

Unfortunately, Kaspersky does not publish that information, in any documentation we’ve seen. 

It may well be commercial in confidence information, between Kaspersky & AnchorFree 🤔

Assuming you have the KVPN Premium subscription, you may wish to log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, if the information is available, they will know.

The best template to use is Feedback, I have a complaint or I have a suggestion, as no other available template really covers the issue

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

If you install kaspersky vpn on mac, you can see the server address in Network preference when connect. For example, France server is like: 45.152.181.226:443. However, when i try to do the same thing on my router, it ask for the ovpn file as vpn client profile, which I cannot find anywhere. Anyone can help?

ANDROID TV/ ROUTER VPN INSTALL:

Does anyone know the settings/parameters for installing Kaspersky VPN onto any standard/mainstream router..Dlink/NetGear/TP-Link/Asus/Linksys ETC ETC ETC ETC so that we can use the VPN to access specific content through our ANDROID TV?

Hi, @TangoDown , if there is no a supported by Kaspersky VPN operating system - then installation would not be possible.

Is it possible to give us the name of vpn server for each country please ?

Hi @Jrard, the ip addresses can change dynamically based on your geolocation, new servers are added, etc, so, unfortunately, the answer is negative, we cannot provide the list of addresses. 

• 10 months later...
  • Solution

Hi All!

We have good news:

The ability to connect routers and other devices to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection

Consumers can protect their home Wi-Fi network by plugging-in routers via Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection. This feature is also available for any device that supports a built-in or standard OpenVPN® client. If a user links a router to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection, all devices connected to this router will be protected. 

Moreover, users have the opportunity to plug-in devices and operating systems (OS) via OpenVPN to Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection that aren’t currently supported by the product directly. This includes Linux®, Chromebook, FireTV and AndroidTV, among others. 

This feature is available for premium users. You can get the settings through your My Kaspersky account → Secure connection tab.

• 1 month later...

honest review: openvpn configuration is not available for all virtual IP. ovn configuration also works for few minutes, after an hour you'll have to change location or remove then add openvpn setup again and again and again which will totally not usable for router since you'll have to generate new ovn configuration again and again and again.

• 5 weeks later...

Danila T. Well, I’m a rookie in VPN. I tried to use the app OpenVPN and used the files downloaded from My Kaspersky. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. In OpenVPN, there are sooooo many things that can be configured. That’s too complicated for me, and I do not have the time to study the manual.

But let me ask you: What’s the difficulty for Kaspersky to develop a client app for Android TV? Many of your competitors have done that!

Danila T. Well, I’m a rookie in VPN. I tried to use the app OpenVPN and used the files downloaded from My Kaspersky. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. In OpenVPN, there are sooooo many things that can be configured. That’s too complicated for me, and I do not have the time to study the manual.

But let me ask you: What’s the difficulty for Kaspersky to develop a client app for Android TV? Many of your competitors have done that!

Same here…  used the files downloaded from My Kaspersky account.. filled username and password, but didn’t work with any client… 

“Connection reset command was pushed by server”

pls help

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, pingpong said:

Hello,

is this fixed?

i would like to setup my router or my androidtv with vpn. but i dont know where to find or generate the openvpn file? there is nothing for it in my current kaspersky vpn program. unlike described here: https://support.kaspersky.com/KPC/1.0/en-US/227551.htm

Hello @pingpong

We've answered your query in: 

There's no need to post in multiple topics. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?