Kaspersky turned off mid-way through full scan.

BigHotStud

Yesterday, I was going through digital signatures of some files that Kaspersky couldn’t process when, suddenly, it turned off(the windows defender popup appeared saying “turn on Antivirus”). I have no idea why, as the files it was scanning at the time weren’t even malicious. I scanned my PC twice with full scans after, reset my settings and Kaspersky ran a background scan or two. I also downloaded HitManPro by Sophos and scanned my PC once, it only found a few tracking cookies and that’s it. Do I have malware or am I good?

My only ‘theory’ for why Kaspersky could’ve turned off, if it’s not malware related, is that I accidentally right clicked and turned it off, as I was right clicking the files to check their digital signatures.

@BigHotStud

Was this only a “one time” incident ?

Please check Kaspersky → More tools → Reports ?

Please check your Windows Event Log ?

Also please proceed  with CHKDSK  ?

Yes, it’s a one-time thing. I haven’t downloaded anything except HitmanPro, which happened after the ‘incident’, so I doubt it’s malware related.

Kaspersky Reports show nothing indicating a failure or whatever, just that the full scan got stopped (because the app shut down).

Event log shows an error or two regarding “PerfDiag Logger”, but nothing about Kaspersky.

@BigHotStud

Yes, it’s a one-time thing. I haven’t downloaded anything except HitmanPro for weeks, which happened after the ‘incident’, so I doubt it’s malware related.

Kaspersky Reports show nothing indicating a failure or whatever, just that the full scan got stopped (because the app shut down).

Event log shows an error or two regarding “PerfDiag Logger”, but nothing about Kaspersky.

@BigHotStud

Yes, it’s a one-time thing.

I haven’t downloaded anything except HitmanPro, which I downloaded after the ‘incident’, and a few skyrim mods from a trustworthy site.

@BigHotStud

Yes, it’s a one-time thing. I haven’t downloaded anything except HitmanPro, which happened after the ‘incident’, so I doubt it’s malware related.

To add, I also downloaded a few Skyrim mods, but Kaspersky never picked them up and they came from a trustworthy site, so I doubt they were malicious.