Kaspersky Total Security UI and "usage" alert

TDMax
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello everyone! New user here.

I just got my Kaspersky Total Security product and is all good but I'd like to know why the UI cannot look like the new one I saw online. The new one looks so much better and more recent and it has the ability to be used with a dark theme which I apparently cannot do with mine.

Also, the "support" window says my version cannot be used in the European Union which is where I'm located, why does it say that?

Windows' version and product version can be seen in the picture.

Usage_Region_Alert.png

image.thumb.png.3c0e761d71b5935e2ffe41f431d8e8ea.png

54 minutes ago, TDMax said:
  • MS W 10 x64, Build 19045; KTS 21.3.10.391(k)
  1. I just got my Kaspersky Total Security product and is all good but I'd like to know why the UI cannot look like the new one I saw online.
  2. The new one looks so much better and more recent and it has the ability to be used with a dark theme which I apparently cannot do with mine.
  3. Also, the "support" window says my version cannot be used in the European Union which is where I'm located, why does it say that?

Hello @TDMax

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) & Kaspersky Plus, the product (you've shown in the second image) are completely differnt products. KTS is *old*, Kaspersky Plus is *new*. IF (you) wish (you) can upgrade to Kaspersky Plus -> Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.. Also, when posting images, please hide personal information, like email address
  2. Dark theme is available in KTS, but the method is manual & it's not available in all regions, refer: How to change the application design theme
  3. Where did (you) download KTS from, which website, please provide the URL? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Modified 1.

28 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @TDMax

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) & Kaspersky Plus, the product (you've shown in the second image) are completely differnt products. KTS is *old*, Kaspersky Plus is *new*. IF (you) wish (you) can upgrade to Kaspersky Plus -> Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.. Also, when posting images, please hide personal information, like email address
  2. Dark theme is available in KTS, but the method is manual & it's not available in all regions, refer: How to change the application design theme
  3. Where did (you) download KTS from, which website, please provide the URL? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife, and thanks for your swift support!
In regards to personal information such as E-mail, you're probably referring to the new UI's image which contained an E-mail address.

I'd like to assure you that no personal information has been given out with that since that E-mail address is probably not used in any real scenario and the image is taken from a famous online Youtuber that made it visible to everyone.

For the dark theme in KTS: I tried following that guide, but the Design Theme block mentioned it is not present in my application settings.

I downloaded the application following this link here: https://support.kaspersky.com/kts20

What about the message I've shown saying I "cannot use" the application in the European Union?

Also, I may have missed it but, to upgrade to Plus or Premium do I basically need to buy full price the product again? Or do I just need to uninstall this suite and install the new corresponding one?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TDMax said:

I just got my Kaspersky Total Security product and is all good but I'd like to know why the UI cannot look like the new one I saw online

Because it is older (old but Gold) version and new version have changed GUI. 

1 hour ago, TDMax said:

The new one looks so much better

For me is older version better more clear. All what i need setup i know exactly where is it. 

But in new version just sometimes searching... 

• Solution
31 minutes ago, TDMax said:
  1. For the dark theme in KTS: I tried following that guide, but the Design Theme block mentioned it is not present in my application settings.
  2. I downloaded the application following this link here: https://support.kaspersky.com/kts20
  3. What about the message I've shown saying I "cannot use" the application in the European Union?
  4. Also, I may have missed it but, to upgrade to Plus or Premium do I basically need to buy full price the product again? Or do I just need to uninstall this suite and install the new corresponding one?

Thanks!

Hello @TDMax

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

1. Re: Dark theme not being available in (your) KTS, the KTS (you) have is *really* OLD!!
  2. Refer 1. 
  3. That's why we asked for the URL - use: Kaspersky Total Security for Windows® -> select the European Union, from the drop-down list
  4. Yes, you did miss it -> you can *upgrade* KTS to Kaspersky Plus (not Kaspersky Premium), for FREE, no extra charge, for that you will get:
  • Kaspersky Plus.
  • Kaspersky Password Manager Premium.
  • Kaspersky VPN Limited/Standard -> KTS comes with Limited/Standard VPN, not *Unlimted*, it's a LIKE for LIKE upgrade.

5. IF (you) decide to use Kaspersky Plus, make sure the KTS *Activation code & License information* are *saved* in (your) MyKaspersky account *BEFORE* you start the Kaspersky Plus steps - this is really important!!

6. Uninstall *OLD* KTS. 

7. Go back to: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T. & use the link available at: Existing users can download the latest version of Kaspersky security plans here

IF you get stuck or have further questions please do not hestitate to post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified VPN statement. || Modified 5.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, nexon said:

Because it is older (old but Gold) version and new version have changed GUI. 

For me is older version better more clear. All what i need setup i know exactly where is it. 

But in new version just sometimes searching... 

No dark theme... :(