Kaspersky Total Sec suddenly started blocking certain connections

complying
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi!
Alright, so a day or two ago (my memory is typically pretty bad, hence why I can't be specific), windows edge (the web browser) started telling me I'm not connected to the internet. I use 3 different browsers for different purposes, but so it was pretty troubling when windows edge as a whole started telling me that while other browsers worked fine.
But the problems didn't stop there, so then windows update started telling me that it can't connect to the update service, like I wasn't connected to the internet.
And then the adobe creative cloud couldn't connect either.
And then discord couldn't.

I tried various things, even tried just simply waiting for it to solve itself in case it was something temporary with the ISP or something (although they didn't have any message up on their... Not sure how to translate it, but "driftinformation page"?) and nothing worked, the problem would just persist.

Reason it took me this long to reach the conclusion that the kaspersky total security is causing it, is because I first tried pausing it and it didn't do anything, so I figured that was that. But just now I tried to turn it off entirely, and that did the trick.
And then when turning total security back on, it goes back to the errors for those connections.

My connection itself isn't the problem, monitoring it with pingplotter, and browsers like firefox still works just fine, and other apps that requires a connection works just fine as well.

So therefore, something has occurred that made total security block these connections.

What can I do to fix this problem, or do I have to turn off kaspersky every time I need to do something with those specific apps and functions?

Oh, and for the record, I've got a wired connection, not using wifi and other computers in the apartment works fine with everything (don't have kaspersky on those).

Edited by complying

7 minutes ago, Berny said:

@complying Welcome.

Under normal conditions Kaspersky is not blocking an Internet connection, aren’t you running another security suite alongside Kaspersky ?

No, nothing alongside it. I mean, that's kinda why I got the total security one, since it takes care of everything and I've been using it for years. First time I've encountered this kind of problem though.

If I had to guess, something changed on its own with permissions for these apps, but I haven't touched anything and where I tried to look with permission lists, it wasn't showing anything except for Microsoft Corporation being orange yet also everything being permitted. Or maybe yellow? Not sure with these small shade differences tbh, but the lighter orange or yellow, not the dark orange, if I can put it like that.

Edited by complying

1 hora atrás, complying disse:

Hi!
Alright, so a day or two ago (my memory is typically pretty bad, hence why I can't be specific), windows edge (the web browser) started telling me I'm not connected to the internet. I use 3 different browsers for different purposes, but so it was pretty troubling when windows edge as a whole started telling me that while other browsers worked fine.
But the problems didn't stop there, so then windows update started telling me that it can't connect to the update service, like I wasn't connected to the internet.
And then the adobe creative cloud couldn't connect either.
And then discord couldn't.

I tried various things, even tried just simply waiting for it to solve itself in case it was something temporary with the ISP or something (although they didn't have any message up on their... Not sure how to translate it, but "driftinformation page"?) and nothing worked, the problem would just persist.

Reason it took me this long to reach the conclusion that the kaspersky total security is causing it, is because I first tried pausing it and it didn't do anything, so I figured that was that. But just now I tried to turn it off entirely, and that did the trick.
And then when turning total security back on, it goes back to the errors for those connections.

My connection itself isn't the problem, monitoring it with pingplotter, and browsers like firefox still works just fine, and other apps that requires a connection works just fine as well.

So therefore, something has occurred that made total security block these connections.

What can I do to fix this problem, or do I have to turn off kaspersky every time I need to do something with those specific apps and functions?

Oh, and for the record, I've got a wired connection, not using wifi and other computers in the apartment works fine with everything (don't have kaspersky on those).

Go to:

settings --> manage settings --> Restore

will probably fix the problem

1.png

• Solution
5 hours ago, complying said:
  • windows edge (the web browser) started telling me I'm not connected to the internet.
  • windows update started telling me that it can't connect to the update service
  • adobe creative cloud couldn't connect either.
  • And then discord couldn't.

I tried various things, nothing worked, the problem would just persist.
Reason it took me this long to reach the conclusion that the Kaspersky total security is causing it, is because I first tried pausing it and it didn't do anything, so I figured that was that. But just now I tried to turn it off entirely, and that did the trick.

Hello @complying

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I am also seeing this issue only since last week. Massive pain at the moment & occuring with multiple EXE files.

Example:
Own created, unsigned EXE from visual studio.
Working for 2+ years no issue.
Now Kaspersky blocking the outgoing connection.
Open windows firewall advanced settings > select the program > next > Shows as "Block this connection". Change to Allow. Try to run again, still blocked. Back to re-do this step & again is shows "Block this connection".

The specific EXE is added as a trusted program in Kaspersky & also to the exclusions list & also added to trusted application network rules.

Also restored defaults, same issue occurs again. Windows showing as Kaspersky controlling windows defendor.

The ONLY solution I have found so far is re-name the EXE file, E.g. "my exe 2.exe" & the internet connection is not blocked but in time it will be blocked again, I cannot say exactly how long because it seems to be completely random.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (j)

Edited by CWCODE

Hello @CWCODE

Welcome!

• IF (you've) tried the solution @Igor Kurzin provided & it did not work, log a case, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, select Application malfunctionOther template; support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you; please include screen-prints of the problem & a detailed description

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:10 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @complying

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi, I first tried @promo30 that solution, to reset the settings. Unfortunately resetting it didn't help, but so then I noticed this quoted post, and it worked like a charm. I'm honestly surprised it worked as well as it did.

For step 7. I kept the computer turned off for the entire time I was asleep though, it was late and I figured I might as well leave it 'til when I woke up. It probably doesn't matter, but I figured I ought to share everything I did.

Thank you very much for the help, highly appreciated!

I don't know if I should mark it as a solution though, since someone else with the same problem appeared so that person might want to keep the thread going. But for me, that quoted solution worked perfectly.

Edited by complying
  • Like 2

Great, many thanks, this solution also worked for me. Was driving me insane beforehand as nowhere were prompts showing as to why it was constantly being blocked or why, even with the ton of exclusions for these EXE files & custom windows firewall rules.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, radiocricket said:

I created an account just to jump on here and thank @Flood and Flood's wife.  I suddenly had every website being blocked with this error and none of the other solutions I tried worked until I found yours.  THANK YOU so much for taking the time to post it!! ❤️

Posted December 15, 2022 (edited), complying said:

Hi, I first tried @promo30 that solution, to reset the settings. Unfortunately resetting it didn't help, but so then I noticed this quoted post, and it worked like a charm. I'm honestly surprised it worked as well as it did.

For step 7. I kept the computer turned off for the entire time I was asleep though, it was late and I figured I might as well leave it 'til when I woke up. It probably doesn't matter, but I figured I ought to share everything I did.

Thank you very much for the help, highly appreciated!

I don't know if I should mark it as a solution though, since someone else with the same problem appeared so that person might want to keep the thread going. But for me, that quoted solution worked perfectly.

On 12/15/2022 at 2:19 AM, CWCODE said:

Great, many thanks, this solution also worked for me. Was driving me insane beforehand as nowhere were prompts showing as to why it was constantly being blocked or why, even with the ton of exclusions for these EXE files & custom windows firewall rules.

Hello @CWCODE, @complying@radiocricket

You're all most welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community, we're delighted to read the solution provided by @Igor Kurzin worked, he really is a star?!

Cheers, 

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added Complying's post.
  • Haha 1