Kaspersky Standard updating

Hey,

I have a question, i'm using Kaspersky Standard on a Windows 10 PC with two users.

I am administrator and the other is a normal user, when the normal user is loged in Kaspersky doesn't update teh databases.....

So when i log in after a few days(not using pc daily) windows security and Kaspersky gives me a warning that there wasn't an update for a long time.....

Why doesn't Kaspersky update his database on a non administrator windows user?

Thanks for your answers,

Sven

On 19/09/2022 at 08:04, Kempie disse:

Hey,

I have a question, i'm using Kaspersky Standard on a Windows 10 PC with two users.

I am administrator and the other is a normal user, when the normal user is loged in Kaspersky doesn't update teh databases.....

So when i log in after a few days(not using pc daily) windows security and Kaspersky gives me a warning that there wasn't an update for a long time.....

Why doesn't Kaspersky update his database on a non administrator windows user?

Thanks for your answers,

Sven

first step: ask your friend to uninstall (don't save any settings) and then reinstall kaspersky

Second step: log into your my kaspersky account. Click in your email in the upper right, then account settings.

third step: in the account settings click on activation code and in the space for the email (it will already be filled in) send the code to yourself.

fourth step: send the kaspesrky standard activation code to your friend and ask him to activate the product using the code instead of his email. (image 3)

Problem Solved!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

On 9/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, Kempie said:

I'm using Kaspersky Standard on a Windows 10 PC with two users.

Hello @Kempie

Welcome!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b371a3f1eedb184f79d265028843132.png

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks for the answers...

I have a Kaspersky Internet Security subscription for 3 devices and used that to activate the Kaspersky standard.

So if Kaspersky Standard is for 1 user only does that mean that the second user on the PC isn't protected, also regarding the 1 User Account doesn't that just mean 1 My Kaspersky Account ?

Regards,

Sven

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kempie said:

I have a Kaspersky Internet Security subscription for 3 devices and used that to activate the Kaspersky standard. So if Kaspersky Standard is for 1 user only does that mean that the second user on the PC isn't protected, also regarding the 1 User Account doesn't that just mean 1 My Kaspersky Account ?

Hello @Kempie

Thank you for posting back & the information!

The 2nd user is protected?

• 1 User account - means only 1 My Kaspersky account can be created for the subscription/license and that MyKaspersky account is associated with the email address that was used for the purchase.
  • 3 devices, allows (you) to activate the subscription/license for any 3 devices but not more than that.
  • The software installed on the PC, as it is at the moment, with two Windows users = one device. 

?To manage the Database update issue:

The 2nd user must select/fill in:

• Other user
  • Your Windows login -> Admin rights (When he's Current user, he has a standard Windows account, with no admin rights, i.e., no authority, to run the DB updates) 
  • Your Windows login password
    Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.92131a437b8fedf430278dccd1b17f61.jpeg

By default, the Kaspersky application update task is run in the name of the user with whose rights you are registered in the operating system.

Resource - Run database updates as

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kempie said:

thanks Flood for the info. I changed to other user and used my login and now everything works fine...  Have a nice weekend all. Sven

Hello @Kempie, Sven, 

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community?

Good work, well done?

We're delighted with the outcome?‍♂️

Thank you?
Flood?+?