Kaspersky Security Cloud restricting access to RT

Raiden
Go to solution Solved by Raiden,

The irony of Kaspersky banning RT.

I am living in Western Europe where RT (www.rt.com) is banned. So I finally set up a vpn to access that site and then lo and behold a Russian antivirus software of all things is what is now blocking it. The irony.

This started this week. Three or so days ago. I tried to troubleshoot and found out that Kaspersky is not claiming the domain has malware but rather that it is preventing access to the site under the guise of one of Kaspersky's extra features: the  "Encrypted connection scanning" thing.

What's this nonsense? I really don't want to put a URL in my anitvirus to be bypassed (right now in order to access the site one has to either disable encrypted connection scanning in Kaspersky or else whitelist the website so that the encrhypted scanning option proceeds elsewhere but not on RT. That's a bad practice Kaspersky is forcing me to do (because if in the future a whitelisted website does become malicious then Kaspersky will not be able to do due diligence and serve me. That's why I'd rather that Kaspersky stops censorship in the EU and just let us have access to the site without us having to whitelist it.

Edited by Raiden

2 hours ago, Raiden said:

I am living in Western Europe where RT (www.rt.com) is banned. So I finally set up a vpn to access that site and then lo and behold a Russian antivirus software of all things is what is now blocking it. The irony.

Hello @Raiden

Welcome back!

Also: 

Kaspersky Plus v21.9.6.465, KVPN v21.9.6.465, Edge v111.0.1661.41 (for us), https://www.rt.com/, not blocked:

image.thumb.jpeg.4746db03870000f5c2bc682c672f3e9e.jpeg        image.thumb.jpeg.ed41eb2abe47c14f3f2c026dbf8e66d5.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Solution

Seems like the problem is gone — I can access rt without intervention from Kaspersky antivirus encryption scan (as you can see I have deactivated the encryption whitelist, as I don't need it any more for now. I'll monitor the situation daily for the next couple of days.

Untitled - Copy.png

Edited by Raiden
  • Thanks 1