Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal or Family & No. of Devices

Richchad

My existing Total Security subscription is about to expire and I am thinking of swtching to Security Cloud but have a couple of questions..

At the moment I have 6 devices linked to my Total Security 2 year 5 devices subscription without any problems.

I am a bit confused that I can link one Desktop PC, one laptop, two tablets and two mobiles to a 5 device subscription?

Will I still be able to do this with Security Cloud 5 devices which is named Personal or 10 devices which is named Family, not sure what the difference is?

Am I missing something here with regard to the number or type of devices, what happens if you exceed the number of devices?

Sorry about all the questions, have searched on here without finding any answers.

Thanks Berny for the heads up, so it looks like if I want to switch to Plus I can only buy a subscription for this and reading other posts on here cannot upgrade from KTS to Plus.

When I choose to renew it still only takes me to renewing KTS nothing about Plus which seems odd, I am in the UK so assume Plus is available here?

I can at present buy a 2 year 5 device Kaspersky Security Cloud on amazon for £30.99 but going down the new range route for Plus it will cost £26.99 for first year and a whopping £54.99 for second year, so about £50 more over 2 years.

Once I go with the Plus subscription option will I only be able to renew via Kaspersky at the higher price or will it be available on Amazon etc at a lower price one off price like KTS is?

Thanks again Berny, I am tempted to go for Kaspersky Plus as like the idea of using a VPN.

I use Windscribe sometimes but the idea of having a continous VPN would be nice.

The only worry I have is when using a VPN my Thunderbird and Gmail don't like it, I have been reading various websites about this and it seems possible to avoid the problem by having a VPN with Split tunneling if I understand it right.

Hotspot Shield has this, apart from the free version, and I understand the Kaspersky VPN is in fact Hotspot Shield.

Can anyone confirm if the Kaspersky VPN has the Split Tunneling feature?

@Richchad You are welcome.

5 minutes ago, Richchad said:

Can anyone confirm if the Kaspersky VPN has the Split Tunneling feature?

The answer is YES ?

In some cases when running VPN an ISP cannot identify it's own SMTP and is refusing outgoing traffic,
the bypass in this case is  Split Tunneling.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now only a few days left on my Kaspersky Total Security subsciption and have decided to go for the new Kaspersky Plus option and understand the subscription starts immediately I buy it so assume it is a download with an activation code?

So what happens to my existing KTS program and subscription, do I have to enter everything again such as Safe Money accounts etc, do I need to back up my KTS profile?

Thanks again Berny, I have managed to download it and have it up and running, just going through the various settings.

I did try to select the VPN Tunneling feature and selected Thunderbird exe as "Do not use VPN" but when I turn VPN on and open Thunderbird it tells me it is off line... I thought it would just bypass the VPN and still connect but thinking about it I suppose there is no non VPN connection when VPN is turned on or am I not setting it correctly?

I was hoping to not use VPN with emails as Gmail throws up all sorts of security emails..  is there a way round this?

I couldn't get Thunderbird excluded it just went offline when I selected "Do not use VPN"

So the only other option was to select apps like my browser to use VPN, not sure what other stuff I should add to use VPN to get best privacy really.

Just a bit of feedback on the Safe Money, the website page is awful, it is messy you have to click on the bank or whatever then click on proceed and some of the url address's like Santander logon it tells me invalid characters, these were fine in KTS.  The KTS Safe Money format was far better.

15 hours ago, Richchad said:

I couldn't get Thunderbird excluded it just went offline when I selected "Do not use VPN"

Can you please recheck if Mozilla Thunderbird is in the "Do not use VPN" list ?

thundebird_tunnel_01.jpg.140427f6d93023c58cb92312d88b99ec.jpg

I can't reproduce your issue , the split tunneling  option on Mozilla Thunderbird is working perfectly on my side.
When i switch above option from OnOff  my SMTP server is denying the relaying, please see error msg  below.

thundebird_tunnel_02.jpg.0099fea92547d21b5acabdef67e0fdf4.jpg

Thanks Berny, not sure what I have done but in Use VPN option - I have Thunderbird.exe but turned off and also have it in Do not use VPN and also turned off and saved it with the Do not use VPN option?

As I found it was working okay sending and receiving emails I left it like that as didn't want to mess it up again.

I will keep a copy of your last answer in case I have any trouble.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1