Kaspersky Security Cloud keeps turning off and on for some reason.

This is the second time this month that I've noticed it's turned off and on during a full scan. It's been completely fine prior to this, but this month it's been acting up like hell. I ran full scans with Kaspersky SC, TDSSKiller and a second opinion scanner in both safe and normal modes, neither have found anything. What's going on? Do I have a rootkit or something?

Sorry, I misunderstood Your 1st post, I thought Your KSN module was turning on/off (in this case it might be Your ISP)

In the case of protection turning on/off, follow @Berny suggestion to check the health of Your hardish, also You can try to do a Restore of Your settings of Your Kaspersky.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harlan4096 said:

Sorry, I misunderstood Your 1st post, I thought Your KSN module was turning on/off (in this case it might be Your ISP)

In the case of protection turning on/off, follow @Berny suggestion to check the health of Your hardish, also You can try to do a Restore of Your settings of Your Kaspersky.

Well, I'm pretty sure my ssd is fine. I checked not too long ago and no other file corruption seems to have happened (except some windows files being corrupted a few months back). I reinstalled Kaspersky and it's been working fine since.

I'm more concerned about possible malware being what's turning Kaspersky off and on. Could it be that?

• Like 1