Kaspersky Security Cloud is blocking Windows 10 Mail Calendar sync.

Go to solution Solved by Anton Mefodys,

Hello @Aerosol 

Read before you create a new topic!

1. Version of your operating system (How to find the version of your operating system).
  2. Name and version number of the Kaspersky application (How to find the name and the version number of a Kaspersky application).
  3. …..
  4. If necessary, attach a screenshot of the problem (How to take a screenshot).

Regards

I have the same issue.

Windows version 21H1 (OS Build 1903.1052)

Kasperky secuirty cloud 21.3.10.391(b)

The windows 10 mail app doesnt sync unless the web anti virus module is disabled.

Steps to reproduce

Open mail app click sync, it keeps syncing forever

Disable web anti virus module

Mail app syncs instantly.

Same here.

Win 10 Home 21H1 19043.1055

Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(b)

Mail and Calendar app can’t sync outlook.com and Office 365 accounts. Gmail and Exchange ActiveSync works. If I turn off KIS Web Anti-virus, everything works fine. It started today or just a few days ago. I can sync these accounts on another PC, where I use Windows Defender instead of KIS.

Wow, I saw this issue here too. I tried running Windows troubleshooters, resetting Mail app, disabling AdGuard and even changing Windows 10 privacy settings, but nothing worked, so I just left the Mail app alone as I rarely use it anyway. I didn’t imagine a bug in KSC was behind this, thank you for informing, hope Kaspersky fixes this bug soon.

Hello @Aerosol@Sym3@panaro@henr1@givemeatip

Additional to @richbuff, for all who have Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium subscription (not Free), when logging the case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Incompatibility with 3rd party software template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data; they will guide you:

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue, &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share the information with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳 +🐋

Win10 Pro 21H1 19043.1055
Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(b) user here 
i have this problem as well
only other kaspersky product i have on my pc is Kaspersky VPN but it is not running
mail sync works if KIS is turned off
stops working after i turn it back on

WOW ! 
Just insane.

I have spend an entire week looking for the reason of this sync issue. I’ve done absolutely everything (reset, delete, reinstall Windows Mail app, repairing Windows store app and every solution provided by Microsoft). And by luck just find this thread.

And BINGO, by disabling my Kaspersky protection, sync work again !

But there is something very strange, this occur only with my Outlook account. 

I tried an old account “@live” and there is no sync issue at all. So i wonder if the problem is not specific to “@hotmail” account (and not specific to Windows 10 or mail app).

@Anton Mefodys what kind of screenshot ? There is no specific messages, just no sync (it’s not a visual issue). We can provide an empty mail box or an empty calendar, but i don’t think seeing an empty mail box may help. 

I’ve very same issue with Internet Security, and unfortunately I’m not able to locate which part of the protection cause it, I already sent logs to the tech, it started 2-3 days ago for me, I’m looking forward for permanent solution.

• Solution

Hello all,

could you please try the following:
Open Web-AV settings - Advanced settings - Trusted URLs - add the following address to the list:

outlook.office365.com

Then reboot the OS and retest the issue.
Tell about the results.

Thank you!

Update:

According to my information the issue should not reproduce anymore (should be resolved with databases update).

So manually added Trusted URL rule is not needed anymore.

Hello all,

Open Web-AV settings - Advanced settings - Trusted URLs - add the following address to the list:

outlook.office365.com

Tell about the results.

Thank you!

It work for me !!!! Thank you so much

Hello all,

outlook.office365.com

Tell about the results.

Thank you!

Yes it works, so somehow Kaspersky blocks outlook.office365.com? 🤔

Hello all,

outlook.office365.com

Tell about the results.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot, but it’s working now without this solution. Definition update for sure.