Kaspersky Security Cloud Free updated to Kaspersky Free

sa5o
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

8 hours ago, sa5o said:

My Kaspersky Security Cloud Free recently updated to Kaspersky Free. Is this ok?

What are the differences between these products?

Hello @sa5o

Welcome!

1. Please help us by providing the Kaspersky Free version, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

IF it's v21.7* it's Kaspersky's new generation software, that replaces Kaspersky Security Cloud Free: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T. gives information about the new product range; it doesn't mention Kaspersky Free, but About Kaspersky Free, is the link to the Online help Kaspersky Free library; there is no library for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, so we're unable to provide a comparison document, but, rest assured, when Kaspersky releases a new product line, they strive to make the new product better than the old. 

There is Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison, that lists features of KSC Premium, Personal & Free, you may wish to check the features listed & compare them to the installed Kaspersky Free. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @sa5o

Welcome!

1. Please help us by providing the Kaspersky Free version, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

IF it's v21.7* it's Kaspersky's new generation software, that replaces Kaspersky Security Cloud Free: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T. gives information about the new product range; it doesn't mention Kaspersky Free, but About Kaspersky Free, is the link to the Online help Kaspersky Free library; there is no library for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, so we're unable to provide a comparison document, but, rest assured, when Kaspersky releases a new product line, they strive to make the new product better than the old. 

There is Kaspersky Security Cloud package comparison, that lists features of KSC Premium, Personal & Free, you may wish to check the features listed & compare them to the installed Kaspersky Free. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 9/15/2022 at 5:02 PM, Berny said:

Also , when your application version is displaying [21.7.7.393] means it's OK.

Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg.cc3613406ddb7cf00f20c66506168040.jpeg

Hi,

mine also got upgraded to Kaspersky Free month ago, the version number is 21.6.7.351

I'm on windows 10 (1809), It appears to works & updates normally, but why doesn't it upgrading the lastest version?

Is everything alright?

image.thumb.png.50bfb61407ce86b113ba4fd8c81b160a.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, victorqtp said:

mine also got upgraded to Kaspersky Free month ago, the version number is 21.6.7.351. I'm on windows 10 (1809), It appears to works & updates normally, but why doesn't it upgrading the latest version? Is everything alright? 

Hello @victorqtp,

Welcome!

1. Everything is fine, the installed Kaspersky Free will update eventually, do not worry.
  2. Kaspersky's version & patch distributions are rolled out progressively, over periods of time, across regions, according to their schedules, those schedules may change or be varied, at any time. 
  3. With all patches & versions, the distributions arrive silently, waiting in the background, for 168 hours/7 days, for the computer, to be shutdown, rebooted; IF, during that 168 hours/7 days, the computer is *not*shutdown, rebooted, at the end of the 168 hours/7 days, the Kaspersky icon, in the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons will turn *RED*, in the Kaspersky application - main window, the GUI icon will turn *Yellow*, the GUI will show a Notification, the Notification will read: A reboot is required -etc..., there will be similar notification in the Windows message center & in (your) MyKaspersky account - Notification Center. 
  4. Make sure you reboot/shutdown = power OFF/ON, the computer on a weekly basis. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, always_working said:

Is there a way to upgrade Security Cloud to Free? 

I have Free one on PC and Security Cloud on two...and would like to use the software more consistently.

Is Free generally considered an upgrade and the next generation?

Hello @always_working

Welcome back!

1. Kaspersky Security Cloud is v21.3.10.391*.
  2. Kaspersky Free is v21.8.5.452, Kaspersky's new generation software
    Spoiler

image.png.2990b9303c0cc373111aa7bf0cb828e6.png

IF Kaspersky Free is available, in your region, then there's no reason not to update if you wish to do so; however, globally, the rollout is not expected to be completed until the early part of 2023. 

1. Which region are you in, if you already have Kaspersky Free on one PC, perhaps it is available there?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi Flood,

I'm in the SE US.  I have to think it's available because I believe that one version of KSC updated to Free automatically (when I updated the databases) which is why I was surprised that the other two installations didn't follow suit.

Will I lose all my settings if I install Free and will I have to uninstall KSC first?  Generally speaking, am I losing any security by doing so?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berny said:

@always_working

A manual on top install from the new Kaspersky products 2022 is importing the settings from the previous version.

→ Download Kaspersky Free application : https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus

Thanks for the information.  Will do as soon as I figure out the immediate issues I'm working on.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, Berny said:

@always_working

A manual on top install from the new Kaspersky products 2022 is importing the settings from the previous version.

→ Download Kaspersky Free application : https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus

Slightly off-topic, but what product might you suggest upgrading to for increased network security and related tools?

Is the free version have a trial option?!

Once i install i get asked to enter the email, after that i get 31 day only, it only started to happen today

I even started over and changed my system and used another email with same results

Also tested the free version not cloud free with same results, also tested both versions in vmware

Snap4.jpg

Snap1_1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi @BALTAGY,

everything looks normal except for the short runtime.
Whether Kaspersky has changed something here or maybe there is a bug, only the support can answer.

It does not seem to be a trial. Usually the Free is automatically renewed when it expires, I hope this also happens with your installation.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Schulte said:

Hi @BALTAGY,

everything looks normal except for the short runtime.
Whether Kaspersky has changed something here or maybe there is a bug, only the support can answer.

It does not seem to be a trial. Usually the Free is automatically renewed when it expires, I hope this also happens with your installation.

Can we ask the support about this? to see if it's a bug or what changed ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

I did find out it's related to region, when i choose Egypt, it activates 31 days, but choosing Russia it activates 365 days. Not sure if it's a bug or something changed, sadly can't contact support since it's free version

Hello @BALTAGY

Thankyou for posting back with the information? 

Kaspersky experts are looking into why the activation period is limited to 31 days when the region Egypt is selected, the topic will be updated with their information when it's available. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BALTAGY said:

I did find out it's related to reign, when i choose Egypt it activate 31 days, but choosing Russia it activate 365 days

Not sure if it's a bug or something changed, sadly can]t contact support since it's free version

Hi @BALTAGY, can you PM me your Kaspersky account email address? We need it to check the issue you are describing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @BALTAGY, sorry for a delay with response. 

We have checked the information on your account, there is a code for 1 month, changing the region does not change the span of the license. Can you please post screenshots: 

a. Changing region to Russia

b. License duration is 365 days

It wont change to 365, when i use another mail (not the same mail) to register and use reign NOT middle east or Egypt it work fine and gives 365 days

Free version should give 365 days not 31 days

Also what will happen after 31 days ends ? it will renew ?

Edited by BALTAGY
  • Thanks 1