Kaspersky security cloud Free updated my Winrar.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Could someone advise why my Kaspersky security cloud free version updated my winrar version when the software updater option is only provided in premium. I’m not interested in Kaspersky downloading and patching  other apps. I only need to be notified. I’ve no way to turn off software updater as there is no option to do so  I’ve attached the software updater report and relevant  screenshots. 

My sys details are below

Windows 10 20H2 (OS build 19042.928)

Kaspersky Security Build 21.3.10.391(a)

Appreciate your support.

• Solution

Hello @razerboost

Welcome!

Thank you for the information, Report & images👌

“When the Free package is used, Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, and Software Updater components operate in evaluation mode and can detect corresponding events, for example tracking online activity or using webcam. While in evaluation mode, these components show you notifications with results of their operation (no more than once a week).” 

Our understanding of “Evaluation mode” is, the functionality is available, may be limited; however is managed by the Kaspersky software, not the user. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Reference: 

Evaluation mode of Private Browsing, Safe Money, Webcam Protection, Software Updater, and Account Check