Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free?

richaardvark

[Note/Edit/Update:  I resolved my problem and my free license is once again active.  So yes, Kaspersky Security Cloud Free IS actually free and is not trial software… see below for my resolution details.]

…..

Hello,

I have been running Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free for several months now without any major issues and it was working nicely. However, out of nowhere a warning appeared saying my license “has been converted” and informs me my subscription was blocked and now expects me to renew the license to remain protected.  When I click “Details” to learn more it is requiring me to pay for a paid plan, despite also stating that my free license was supposed to have been good for 367 days. If I had known that this was just temporary free trial version I wouldn’t have installed it to begin with... 😡  

And even if I wanted to purchase a paid subscription it won’t even let me... after clicking “Update License” nothing happens… a white blank popup window appears and it just says “Please wait...” forever with a spinning  loading symbol….

There is no information in any FAQ on your website on what to do in this situation nor are there any forum topics here in this forum advising what to do as well.  When I attempt to reach out to your live chat support they refuse to offer any assistance because I am running the free version (well, free temporary trial version it seems is more accurate).

Why does it say I was granted 367 days of “free plan” protection coverage if this is not ultimately true? :(  I am running Kaspersky Security Cloud version 21.3.10.391 on Windows 10 Pro Education version 10.0.19044.1526.

…..

Edit/Update: Well, I spoke too soon… lol.  As soon as I closed the blank white pop-up window that said “Please wait...” with the spinning loading symbol that didn’t seem to ever do anything a warning prompt appeared and asked if I was certain I wanted to delete my activation.  The first few times I chose no and nothing changed/I still had a blocked subscription.  This time I chose yes and doing so apparently reset my free subscription status and license and I am now protected once again.  Hopefully this post might help someone in the future who is dealing with this same issue.  I am happy to once again have Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free protection on my system. I really think the UI/workflow should be improved.  It was not straightforward and doesn’t seem to work properly (with the “Please wait...” window appearing and never changing until it is just ultimately closed out by the user).

1. Why does it say I was granted 367 days of “free plan” protection coverage if this is not ultimately true? :
  2. I really think the UI/workflow should be improved.  It was not straightforward and doesn’t seem to work properly (with the “Please wait...” window appearing and never changing until it is just ultimately closed out by the user).
  3. No Kaspersky FAQ information.
  4. No Community topics. 

Hello @richaardvark

Welcome back!

1. If the subscription ended prematurely, it’s not that it’s not ‘true’, it appears there was a problem with the software & the licensing DB, something got out of sync. 
  2. Agreed, (ioe) the process is not straightforward;
  3. Agreed, (ioo) the documentation, needs significant work.
  4. There is now, thanks to you👏 , & it’s a very well described topic  & nicely formatted images; so it may be helpful for any future Community members who may have the same issue. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Kaspersky Security Cloud - About the subscription