Kaspersky Security Cloud Family- Safe Browsing not being enabled on new phone

dachinster
Go to solution Solved by dachinster,

Good day,

I recently got a Samsung S22 Ultra and have Kaspersky Security Cloud Family. I got an alert when I installed Kaspersky that Safe Browsing is not enabled, however when I go through the steps and I reach the Accessibility page and click Installed Apps, I see Kaspersky there and when I click it, I click Allow, but after a second or two, it just returns me to the page with the Accessibility> Installed Apps and I see Kaspersky as Off.

I tried rebooting my phone and updating all the apps, and everything is up to date, but the issue persists.

I migrated from a Samsung Note 10+ and I never had any issue on this phone.

Hello @dachinster

Welcome!

1. May we confirm the actual software name & version installed on both s21 & s22 - refer: For Android, how to find the Kaspersky application name and version number?
  2. Before installing the software, was there any *other* Kaspersky software installed (apart from Kaspersky password manager), IF 'yes', was the software uninstalled *before* installing Kaspersky Security Cloud Family? 
  3. Is KSN enabled? 
  4. Which browser is being used? 
  5. In Accessibility -> Installed Apps, Kaspersky, must be toggled ON - when you change this setting is it not remaining set to ON? 
  6. Post an image of "I got an alert when I installed Kaspersky that Safe Browsing is not enabled" - we need to see what you see please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added q 6.

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @dachinster

Welcome!

1. May we confirm the actual software name & version installed on both s21 & s22 - refer: For Android, how to find the Kaspersky application name and version number?
  2. Before installing the software, was there any *other* Kaspersky software installed (apart from Kaspersky password manager), IF 'yes', was the software uninstalled *before* installing Kaspersky Security Cloud Family? 
  3. Is KSN enabled? 
  4. Which browser is being used? 
  5. In Accessibility -> Installed Apps, Kaspersky, must be toggled ON - when you change this setting is it not remaining set to ON? 
  6. Post an image of "I got an alert when I installed Kaspersky that Safe Browsing is not enabled" - we need to see what you see please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

Hi

1)- Actual name is Kaspersky Security Cloud Family. On Android, I don't have the option to see the specific version installed like on the older internet security.

2) Kaspersky Security Cloud Family was the first app installed, followed by Password manager, followed by Safe kids

3) I don't know

4) Chrome default with Android

5) In accessibility> installed apps, this is what I am trying to do... turn it on. When I try to turn it on, the box comes up with the options to allow or deny and I click allow and then it returns to the installed apps page and the toggle remains off.

6) Not able to post a pic because I am typing from my laptop atm, but on the home screen, there is "an issue" and when you click on it, it recommends to turn on safe browsing. When I click that it says "same internet, but much safer" with a prompt to click next. When I click that, it says "browsing is unsafe now" and then I click next. At this point is when it asks me to turn on accessibility in settings and we are now at the point I described.

I hope this helps.

Hello @dachinster

Thank you for the information. 

No - sadly - it doesn't help, we need to see what you see, OR - as the issue is happening on both Android devices, the software may not have been installed correctly; please contact please Kaspersky support, follow: How to get technical support.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I added the screenshots you requested, even though I think I pretty much described it as it happens. 

Let me know if you can assist. The exact same thing happens on my wife's Samsung S21 FE. 

I've also tried uninstalling her Kaspersky app and reinstalling and it persists. 

Screenshot_20230127_003342_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003332_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003326_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003319_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003313_Accessibility.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003302_Kaspersky.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003255_Kaspersky.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003247_Kaspersky.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003241_Kaspersky.jpg

Screenshot_20230127_003234_Kaspersky.jpg