Kaspersky security cloud app replaced by Internet Security for android app

FREDO78
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,

As a Kaspersky Security Cloud Family newbie, I downloaded the dedicated app on my android mobile. I had a warning message saying that as per beginning of January 2022, the KSC app will no longer work. So, i was given the choice to download the  Internet Security for android app instead. So, I agreed and I now use this app. 

What’s the reason of this change ? I still have Kaspersky Security Cloud app on my mobile, do I have to remove it ?

It’s quite confusing to have so many apps for an AV suite. On my android smartphone I have 4 apps related to Kaspersky :

• Kaspersky Internet Security
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud (should i have to remove it ?)
  • Passwords
  • Safe Kids

It should be only one app with all the different features.

Thanks.

• Solution
  1. What’s the reason of this change ?
  2. I still have Kaspersky Security Cloud app on my mobile, do I have to remove it ?
  3. It’s quite confusing to have so many apps for an AV suite.
  4. On my android smartphone I have 4 apps related to Kaspersky :
  • Kaspersky Internet Security
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud (should i have to remove it ?)
  • Passwords
  • Safe Kids

It should be only one app with all the different features.

Hello @FREDO78

Welcome back!

1. Kaspersky are ‘apparently’ releasing a new wizz bang software range that will replace the existing AV product range, refer recent Community topic: Beta Testing of a new Kaspersky product. We also note, on the UK site, the release has already begun & January 2022 has not even arrived; maybe that’s a TR release for more ‘product testing’?
  2. You don’t “have too”, but it’s not working, therefore (ioo) that = junk, our housekeeping routine on our mobiles, we get rid of all junk & unused apps on a regular basis.
  3. Agreed.
  4. Yeah, most of us did or do. 
  5. Disagree. WE do not want our password manager software incorporated with any of Kaspersky’s AV software, even if they’re made by the same factory, ditto for our child protection software. 
  6. IF you haven’t enabled 2FA you should do so. 
  7. IF you don’t already have a  regular backup strategy in place for your phones you should; if ever the phones need to be reset, it’s very easy if there’s critical data backup(s) available. 
  8. Test KIS Anti-theft features BEFORE your phones ever get stolen, (hopefully the phones never do), make sure you know how the Anti-theft features work. 
  9. IF you don’t already have a  regular backup strategy in place for your phones you should; if ever the phones need to be factory reset, it’s very easy if there’s critical data backup(s) available. 
  10. Test the factory reset process so you know how it works, BEFORE you need it in an emergency. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Additional resource:

About Kaspersky Internet Security for Android

@Flood and Flood's wife,

Thank you very much for your answer. You gave me many details I was lacking.

1. I’m French and I think we too are going to have the KSC app replaced
  2. I may remove it now since it’s no longer useful

5. I see

6. I haven’t enabled 2FA yet. I have the Microsoft Authenticator App but I only use it for my Microsoft account. I have checked the feature on MyKaspersky account and I can see how to enable it. I may use a two-way solution (sms on my phone and/or email sent). I don’t want to rely only on my phone, in case it gets lost or with battery problem).

7. So far, i haven’t any backup strategy set. I just do auto synchronisation with my google account. For the pictures/videos, it’s automatically saved on my cloud storage (Pcloud). I have a xiaomi smartphone but I have never activated the cloud storage. Does kaspersky have a special feature for smartphone backup (app, sms……?). I have to do through several tools (google drive, cloud storage, sms/mms app...).

8. I have already enabled the anti-theft feature. The only two options I have enabled yet are the sim protection and the app anti-removal protection. For the sim protection feature, I was thinking about the issue that I can face in case I just change the sim for any reason (if i use another company’s sim card for example, when i travel abroad).

Thanks again.

@Flood and Flood's wife,

1. 2FA
  2. So far, i haven’t any backup strategy set. I just do auto synchronisation with my google account. For the pictures/videos, it’s automatically saved on my cloud storage (Pcloud). I have a xiaomi smartphone but I have never activated the cloud storage.
  3. Does kaspersky have a special feature for smartphone backup (app, sms……?). I have to do through several tools (google drive, cloud storage, sms/mms app...).
  4. I have already enabled the anti-theft feature. The only two options I have enabled yet are the sim protection and the app anti-removal protection. For the sim protection feature, I was thinking about the issue that I can face in case I just change the sim for any reason (if i use another company’s sim card for example, when i travel abroad).

Hello @FREDO78

You’re most welcome, we’re delighted to be able to assist☺ !

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌

1. For 2FA, it’s an additional layer of security, Kaspersky recommend setting up both options: SMS & an authenticator app, we do so on different devices. 
  2. Auto-sync to your Google account/PCloud,‘is a backup solution. 
  3. Kaspersky (KIS), does not offer any backup solutions. 
  4. We use backup software available from Google Play Store, there’s several good solutions available, that cover: SMS, Call logs, Calendars, Contacts & apps (if required).
  5. Sim watch, Uninstallation protection are both very good features, we also like Lock & locate; the most important aspect of the Anti-theft features, is to replicate the event, before it’s ever necessary, then if there’s ever an emergency, you’re already competent with the process & not overwhelmed learning how to make the software work when it’s need most. 
  6. Should the phone ever be lost or stolen, in (your) MyKaspersky account, it’s most important to *never* select the option to Disconnect the device, you’ll loose the ability to communicate with the phone, not a good outcome. 

If there’s any further information please do not hesitate to post back?

Also, the Community has a French section, with an excellent Moderator, in case you’d like to post topics there: Forum pour particuliers | Kaspersky Community

We wish you a safe & beautiful Christmas & New Year.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi,

I enabled 2FA. No problem with the sms mode. I tried with the Microsoft Authenticor app since I already use it on my phone. I created my kaspersky account as requested. However, when I enter the code, i get an error message. I tried several times with different codes and I always get the same message. Sometimes, I had to wait 90 secondes to try again !!??

I enabled 2FA. No problem with the sms mode. I tried with the Microsoft Authenticator app since I already use it on my phone. I created my kaspersky account as requested. However, when I enter the code, i get an error message. I tried several times with different codes and I always get the same message. Sometimes, I had to wait 90 seconds to try again !!??

Hello @FREDO78

Thank you for posting back & the additional information👌

1. Post a screen print of the error message? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@Flood and Flood's wife,

I am quite sure the problem stands with Microsoft Authenticator App. Every time it gave me a new code, a pop-up would tell me that there’s an error (wrong code) ??!!! 

I have just tried with 2FAS app which I forgot I had on my phone. 1st try went perfect. Now, the whole 2FA feature is set. The only thing i was too lazy to do was doing the same thing on several devices as i was asked (may be later).