Kaspersky safe kids features giving me issues

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

I'm ***** ***** after having the issues from KSK features. I deleted the profile of my kid in Safe Kids program as I require it no longer. But right after that, this feature asking me to login by choosing option as either parents or child(add child). But most annoying is that no matter how many times I choose to login as parents & putting the password to activate, it's flashing me same screen message

'Unknown error occurred'

And than just back to selection screen again! What the hell! I can't even get in to my pc!

Plz, help someone. How can I overcome this. My subscription email id is same as this one. Now I'm in helpless situation & posting this request from my mobile.

1 hour ago, kamrul.islam.remon said:

I deleted the profile of my kid in Safe Kids program as I require it no longer. But right after that, this feature asking me to login by choosing option as either parents or child (add child). But most annoying is that no matter how many times I choose to login as parents & putting the password to activate, it's flashing me same screen message: 'Unknown error occurred'. And then just back to selection screen again! I can't even get into my pc!

Hello @kamrul.islam.remon

Welcome!

1. When the child's profile was deleted, were you logged in with (your) KSK Parent account?
  2. Has the PC been shut down, using Control, Alt, Delete, select the Power icon, select, Shutdown, allow the PC to fully power off, press the physical power button on, login, retry logging in to KSK with the Parent account
  3. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource: Children and their Windows accounts

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added a question
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for your response. I'm answering your questions as accordingly -

1. After the profile been deleted the program automatically rollback to a screen asking 'Select who will use this Windows account:'(I'm attaching a photo taken of the screen window). & While the profile was detected the KSK was in active status. So after the screen appears about asking login with parent account, there I tried several times to login to parent account with password. But every time it's showing same thing about 'Connection error'

'an unknown error occurred' this message.

2. The PC's been shut down/restarted several times. But every time I put my windows login password the same window appears as I described above.

3. The KSK was activated as premium at 1st place. But after the subscription expired it was downgraded to free version quite some time ago. So it was in free version while this happened.

plz, help me solve this issue. i'll be really grateful for this.IMG20221029220739.thumb.jpg.fbdbf6e242ec996a583529620b215d36.jpg

Edited by kamrul.islam.remon

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Welcome!

1. When the child's profile was deleted, were you logged in with (your) KSK Parent account?
  2. Has the PC been shut down, using Control, Alt, Delete, select the Power icon, select, Shutdown, allow the PC to fully power off, press the physical power button on, login, retry logging in to KSK with the Parent account
  3. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource: Children and their Windows accounts

Thank you very much for your response. I'm answering your questions as accordingly -

1. After the profile been deleted the program automatically rollback to a screen asking 'Select who will use this Windows account:'(I'm attaching a photo taken of the screen window). & While the profile was detected the KSK was in active status. So after the screen appears about asking login with parent account, there I tried several times to login to parent account with password. But every time it's showing same thing about 'Connection error'

'an unknown error occurred' this message(my wi-fi is working & connected with pc).

IMG20221029220739.thumb.jpg.fbdbf6e242ec996a583529620b215d36.jpg

IMG20221029224915.thumb.jpg.6a89ea2defac83f4f8afc9eed1e71690.jpg

2. The PC's been shut down/restarted several times. But every time I put my windows login password the same window appears as I described above.

3. The KSK was activated as premium at 1st place. But after the subscription expired it was downgraded to free version quite some time ago. So it was in free version while this happened.

plz, help me solve this issue. i'll be really grateful for this.

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. After (you) select Next (1st image), & before the Connection error shows, post the next screen you see please - do not try to log in again? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

1. After (you) select Next (1st image), & before the Connection error shows, post the next screen you see please - do not try to log in again? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

It ask me to login to my Kaspersky account. Which I'm trying to do with all those attempts & yes with right password(& I'll not try again unless you say so). Here's the image

image.thumb.png.898af04e9cc5ca873a38edbbe52acadc.png

2 hours ago, kamrul.islam.remon said:

It asks me to login to my Kaspersky account. Which I'm trying to do with all those attempts & yes with right password (& I'll not try again unless you say so)

Thank you for the information & the image. 

1. Press Control, ALT, DEL, select Task Manager & share a screen print of all active processes please?
  2. When you're logged into (your) MyKaspersky account (using the mobile phone), are there *any* child accounts associated/linked with the Windows device? IF "yes", do not take any action, just report back please

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Thank you for the information & the image. 

1. Press Control, ALT, DEL, select Task Manager & share a screen print of all active processes please?
  2. When you're logged into (your) MyKaspersky account (using the mobile phone), are there *any* child accounts associated/linked with the Windows device? IF "yes", do not take any action, just report back please

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood and Flood's wife,

1. After pressing CLT, ALT, Delete when windows shows me the task manager window, i tried to open my task manager from there to kill the program/process to get my screen back earlier period of this happening. But sadly/unexpectedly the task manager window never appeared (don't know if it's running background of that KSK screen)?.

2. I logged into my account from mobile and here's the screen shot for your information. It shows no ongoing/active kid profile available.

Best regards

Kamrul

Screenshot_2022-10-30-02-11-02-28_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.thumb.jpg.289c779986a91e55e81ed5cb1111e37b.jpg

Thank you for the information & the image!

?You must not kill any programs / processes - we did not ask that!?

Click Start, then click Run. Type taskmgr.exe. Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER - take a screen print of all active processes & post back please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

?You must not kill any programs / processes - we did not ask that!?

Click Start, then click Run. Type taskmgr.exe. Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER - take a screen print of all active processes & post back please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood,

I didn't kill any process/program yet, not a single one (there's no task manager window available to do such).

About clicking 'Start', 'Run'; no windows screen is showing up to click 'Star' menu or 'Run' function.It only the 1st image in screen right after windows logged in the system with no other options except parent log in.

WHile on that(KSK) screen I pressed CTRL+ALT+Delete at the same time. And this screen came up(picture attached).

IMG20221030024221.thumb.jpg.0e570e1c3e96e098f23a9c2fce34f493.jpg

There is Task manager option showing. But every time I click on 'task manager' from there the 1st image screen (KSK) came in front, but not the 'Task Manager' window! Task manager window isn't just coming up to work with ?.

I Hope I was able to answer you clearly.

best regards

kamrul.

Hello @kamrul.islam.remon

On the mobile, go back to (your) MyKaspersky account, ?looking only?, go to https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/portal/pages/devices, find the computer, take a screen print showing the computer icon, then take another screen print showing the Installed apps - remember to hide any personal information, e.g., email address, top right of screen & post the images please?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @kamrul.islam.remon

On the mobile, go back to (your) MyKaspersky account, ?looking only?, go to https://my.kaspersky.com/MyDevices#/portal/pages/devices, find the computer, take a screen print showing the computer icon, then take another screen print showing the Installed apps - remember to hide any personal information, e.g., email address, top right of screen & post the images please?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood,

Here's both the images you asked about

Best regards 

Kamrul 

Screenshot_2022-10-30-03-21-23-51_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.thumb.jpg.da538391634540aee34640266229dca8.jpgIMG_20221030_032606.thumb.jpg.c42ee6fc04bb732c76a6b796ef2665cf.jpg

1. The Notification?, what is it please? 
  2. We understand you're entering the correct password, when you put the password into the parent account, in the KSK app, on the PC, so now, do this please, set the keys to UPPER case, & enter the password, does the app show a warning that it's UPPER case or does it try to connect & fail with the original Connection error, an unknown error occurred issue? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

1. The Notification?, what is it please? 
  2. We understand you're entering the correct password, when you put the password into the parent account, in the KSK app, on the PC, so now, do this please, set the keys to UPPER case, & enter the password, does the app show a warning that it's UPPER case or does it try to connect & fail with the original Connection error, an unknown error occurred issue? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood,

Answers are as accordingly -

1. I'm attaching the screenshot of the notification.

Screenshot_2022-10-30-03-57-09-71_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.thumb.jpg.d52a8dc9d7285baa7e49108d776938ae.jpg

2. After I tried to enter the password with Upper case on it shows me a warning (image attached).

IMG_20221030_040114.thumb.jpg.66ee658096bf4f44c8653a5e9404b666.jpg

*** From curiosity I'm asking a question, from my mobile in my Kaspersky account if I go the connected apps function and delete my connected KSK service will it disable that KSK parental confirmation screen (as there I will have no longer KSK service requesting, so likely no parental confirmation shouldn't be required)?

Best regards

Kamrul 

37 minutes ago, kamrul.islam.remon said:
  1. After I tried to enter the password with Upper case on it shows me a warning - Caps lock is on
  2. From curiosity I'm asking a question, from my mobile in my Kaspersky account if I go the connected apps function and delete my connected KSK service will it disable that KSK parental confirmation screen (as there I will have no longer KSK service requesting, so likely no parental confirmation shouldn't be required)?

Thank you for the information & the images!

1. It's good that the KSK app has shown Caps lock is on, it establishes that KSK is actually working, even if it's not working properly. 
  2. NO! Above we said, "On the mobile, go back to (your) MyKaspersky account, ?looking only?", if the connected KSK service is deleted or the Disconnect function is used, the problems may be much worse; do not touch!
  3. We're discussing the issue with Kaspersky, please wait for our reply, it may take some time, as in, it may not be until late Monday; we will update your topic as soon as we can. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Thank you for the information & the images!

1. It's good that the KSK app has shown Caps lock is on, it establishes that KSK is actually working, even if it's not working properly. 
  2. NO! Above we said, "On the mobile, go back to (your) MyKaspersky account, ?looking only?", if the connected KSK service is deleted or the Disconnect function is used, the problems may be much worse; do not touch!
  3. We're discussing the issue with Kaspersky, please wait for our reply, it may take some time, as in, it may not be until late Monday; we will update your topic as soon as we can. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello Flood,

I'm grateful for all your help and support till now you've given me. Though it'll be quite shocking for me to put a holdup on my works schedule, but I'll wait patiently with the hope of getting a solution till you get back to me ?.

Stay safe, Stay well.

Best regards

Kamrul

1 hour ago, Igor Kurzin said:

@kamrul.islam.remon, we need to start your PC in Safe Mode, can you do that? 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

The rest of the steps I am sending you in a PM.

Hello Igor,

Yes I can start my pc in safe mode. But can I get your instructions 2-3 hrs later? We have a power blackout ongoing due to some maintenance issues. If you are available that time, I can try to reach you again. If not possible for you, than I think you can drop the instructions to my inbox, so when I get power back I can start following them right away.

Best regards

Kamrul 

• Like 1

Hello,

I just can't express in word my thankfulness & how much grateful I'm to this forum. Now my problem is solved & i have my PC screen back to my control.

Flood and Flood's wife & Igor Kurzin  You both helped me through this hurdle. I can't thank you both enough for the help & support you gave me ?. Specially Flood and Flood's wife, you helped me beyond my imaginations with such patience & helpful attitude ?. Really, you were outstanding ?. Hat's off to you guys.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Stay safe, Stay well.

With Best wishes & Regards

Kamrul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1