Kaspersky Safe Kids fail fo start automaticaly

bgfrayman

Hello folks, let me told about my problems that I'm experiencing since two weeks. My son has Nokia 3.1, the device is part of Android ONE program, it has been with preinstalled Android 8.1 version. I have tested Kaspersky Safe Kids, and in the probation period everything worked absolutely fine, it blocks all websites that I had restricted, limited the device usage to only allowed by me time frames, and total allowed hours per day and notified me for all app changes. I was very happy of the app and in addition I have bought Kaspersky Internet Security for Android, all apps are now licensed and I have payed the requested price Two weeks ago the device, Nokia 3.1, has received OTA android version update, and has been updated successfully. Then I have noted that after each restart of the device, both apps Safe Kids and Internet Security, doesn't start Automaticaly and should be started manually. There is new feature in the new Android version named "Accessibility" and there both apps could be seen as Services, but there both are stopped "Use as a service: OFF". If you start the from there Kaspersky Internet Security is working, but to start the Safe Kids you should sart it from the app icon. Both apps are excluded from battery optimization, and admin rights are granted to both apps, beside that for both app are allowed to "Display over other apps" and to "Modify System Settings". Nevertheless of all above only one restart of the device is enough to bypass the controlls and to have unlimited access and unrestricted time for device usage. I have ticket with Kaspersky support team, but till now they don't provided any solution for that issue, they just tolld me that may be "firmware"of the device causing the issue, but they don't have explanation of the fact that it works as expected on the same device with Android 8.1. Also I want to note that Nokia has shipped the device without any per-installed applications, only Android and it' s apps (youtube, google play, and etc.) Upon that, I have Safe Kids for Parents on my phone, Sony XperiaXZ3 also with Android 9.0 (Pie) and again the app in "Accessibility" -> "Services" is disabled by default. Yesterday I restarted the phone to factory defaults from the boot menu (Power + Volume UP) and to install everything from the scratch directly over Android 9.0 but the issue still persist... Could you please share your thoughts if any of you has the same issue with Kaspersky apps, after update to Android 9.0 ? Thanks in advance Georgi

Hi, welcome to the new Kaspersky Community. Sometimes when a software update is done in Android versions, some apps done seem to work correctly so maybe you need to try uninstall Kaspersky Safe Kids and reinstall Kaspersky Safe Kids again to see if it corrects the auto restart.

The Shield - Hi, thanks for you response but the problem is not in the phone itself. Firs, I have noted that the app fails after an Andriod update from 8.1, originally supplied with the phone, to Andriod 9.0, the update was OTA type. I don't consider that once updated, the OS could be reverted to the previos one, and as I mentioned I've tried factory reset from boot loader of the phone but after that it start with Android 9. Another point, I have installed the app on my phone, it has been supplied with 9.0 (Pie) version of Andriod from the vendor, and the behavior is absolutely the same, so I'm convinced that there is some interoperability issue between the app and the OS. Anyway, I have ticked opened with Kaspersky and it hass been escalated to the development team, just wanted to know if any other user has facing the same issue

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
All, there's quite a few people complaining about KSK & KISA not starting automatically, not continuing to run and having to be started manually. IF everybody logged a case https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new,. Kaspersky would "recognise" this as an issue impacting multiple customers. Until that happens Kaspersky will deal with this as a single user event, communicating" it's happening to "you" & NO-ONE else.

Hello folks I made a request and received very quick response from Kaspersky support. Sorry it's in german but the main information (imho) you can find on https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia which is in english. As I have no experience with adb I only have changed the settings of both of the enwell.powersaving.g3 (stopped and disabled). But it hasn't worked. Enabling other enwell-apps caused huge amount of problems which ended in Hard-Reset. Answer from german support: Bei den Nokia-Geräten ist es so, dass die Nokia-Firmware oft die Anwendungen abschaltet. Haben Sie schon folgendes ausprobiert: https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia Gehen Sie zu Einstellungen > Anwendungen (Apps) > Alle Anwendungen anzeigen. Tippen Sie oben rechts auf das Menü > System anzeigen. Suchen Sie die Energiespar-Anwendung in der Liste, wählen Sie diese aus und erzwingen Sie das Schließen. Es bleibt bis zum nächsten Neustart gestoppt. Von nun an sollten Anwendungen im Hintergrund normal funktionieren und die standardmäßigen Optimierungen für den Android-Akku verwenden.

Hello again Seems that my problem on Nokia 3.1 is solved. After stopping and enabling "com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.base" and"com.evenwell.powersaving.g3.overlay.d.base.s600ww" I have deactivated DuraSpeed with "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" as prescribed on dontkillmyapp.com/nokia. Now both apps (KIS and Safe Kids) are working for more than 6 days proper and without any problems. Action of german support was very quick and capable.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello again, after more than 1 week proper work my daughter restartet the device and killer-app was activ again. "adb shell settings put global setting.duraspeed.enabled 0" wasn't working and I reportet this to Kaspersky-Support. In the meantime I found following in a Nokia-Forum: adb start-server adb shell settings put global setting.duraspeed.enabled 2 adb shell settings put global setting.duraspeed.enabled 0 adb shell settings get global setting.duraspeed.enabled adb kill-server This worked fine and killer-app was succesfull disabled (until next restart). Kaspersky told me that they will not work further on this issue as it is a Nokia-firmware problem (I have asked them to make pressure to Nokia to solve this) and offered to refund the money I spent for their apps (very fair but I refused because I'd rather like to use them). I also have reported the case to Nokia-Support which answered (after several dumb answers) that they will forward it to the development-department (maybe only "Bla-Bla" again). We will see...

• 1 month later...
Hi, I’ve faced the same issue as well on android Vivo. I’ve tried this trick and seems to be working so far for few days. Go to Accessibility => High battery power consumption, make sure the Kaspersky is Tick. This should do the trick. Hope this helps.

Hello Seems that some update has enabled DuraSpeed again so KIS and SafeKids were stopped again. But I found in the GitHub-forum a workaround by user kyrasantae which disables DuraSpeed automatically after restarting the device. You need the free version of MacroDroid, grant permission via adb and create a task. Here is the prescription from kyrasantae:
  1. (It's the only one [permission] you need for this task): https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/macrodroid/granting-write_secure_settings-permission-via-adb-t2923.html
  2. Create the task like this (I put a notification at the end so that I can see that it has been run)
I also put the start of KIS and SafeKids in this task and it's working fantastic. Lots of thanks to kyrasantae!

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting, I came here to see if this issue was ever solved. It seems quite obvious that it hasn't. We reported this three months ago, when we had to replace a TracFone which was no longer supported on the cell network. The new phone wouldn't keep the app running, and would have to be constantly restarted. We have an outstanding ticket open, although since the annual subscription was expiring soon afterwards, we never renewed, (and won't renew until the problem is fixed) since it was useless if it didn't autostart. Now, to be fair to Kaspersky, it's just as likely that it's something Google changed in the later releases of Android, since Google has a bad habit of locking out useful and needed configurability, in a blatant hostility against the users (just like Apple is with iOS).

Interesting, I came here to see if this issue was ever solved. It seems quite obvious that it hasn't. We reported this three months ago, when we had to replace a TracFone which was no longer supported on the cell network. The new phone wouldn't keep the app running, and would have to be constantly restarted. We have an outstanding ticket open, although since the annual subscription was expiring soon afterwards, we never renewed, (and won't renew until the problem is fixed) since it was useless if it didn't autostart. Now, to be fair to Kaspersky, it's just as likely that it's something Google changed in the later releases of Android, since Google has a bad habit of locking out useful and needed configurability, in a blatant hostility against the users (just like Apple is with iOS).
Hello jelabarre, Welcome! Thanks for posting. Did the Lab give you any feedback? Please let us know? Thank you.

Hi. Kaspersky Safe Kids also fails to reboot periodically on my daughters phone. I have worked out that the problem is caused whenever the ultra power savings mode is enabled. This simply turns Kaspersky Kids off!! I added Kaspersky Safe Kids back to the ‘reduced’ home screen which only allows six apps to be available. However she is no dummy and she can just press down on the icon until the ‘x’ appears and then remove it off this reduced home screen. It pretty much means that any time the phone runs low on power and she chooses to use the ultra power saving mode she can then remove the app from the reduced home screen then charge the phone back up and then turn off the power savings mode and then she has unlimited access to her phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried it again today (support wanted me to try try the latest build) still fails to keep it's settings, still fails to stay active. Probably something Google has broken in the newer releases (hey, can't have you havin the ability to cut down on the amount of slurpage, can we...)

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I’ve faced the same issue as well on android Vivo. I’ve tried this trick and seems to be working so far for few days. Go to Accessibility => High battery power consumption, make sure the Kaspersky is Tick. This should do the trick.
Hope this helps.

Hi, 

Does that still work on your phone? I had the same issue on Huawei phones. Thanks.

Hi, I’ve faced the same issue as well on android Vivo. I’ve tried this trick and seems to be working so far for few days. Go to Accessibility => High battery power consumption, make sure the Kaspersky is Tick. This should do the trick. Hope this helps.

Hi, Does that still work on your phone? I had the same issue on Huawei phones. Thanks.

Hello @Jui,

Welcome again!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky Safe Kids for Android/iOS library

General resource:

Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial by @Danila T. 

• 6 months later...

Just installed app in trial period, first thing I tried on kids phone is reboot, without reading this topic.

And phone works without block. 

Android 10 - 4.9.188 

Turned of duraspeed, battery saving, reboot, remove app, reboot, install app, reboot, log into app. All work.

Reboot phone, unlock, useless app…..