Kaspersky Protection Addons - Security Cloud Free. What does it do?

88_TOP
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

What functions do Kaspersky Protection addons perform if used with devices running Security Cloud Free?  I run Windows 10, principally use Firefox browser and occassionally the new Edge.

URL advisor seems to work with Google and Bing regardless of whether the add on is disabled or even installed.  And I have occassionally seen Dangerous Content also blocked by Kaspersky without the addon.

The On Screen Keyboard works well but the other listed functions I see require a paid subscription.  Are there any benefits except for the On-screen keyboard for running the addon with Security Cloud Free?

• Solution

Hi @88_TOP

Kaspersky Protection addon supports work of some functions of Kaspersky products in browsers. Without Kaspersky Protection these functions continue to work, but the productivity of the program is reduced. .

E.g. Kaspersky Protection is needed to: 

• protect entering data on the site pages, the addon provides connection between the Kaspersky program and the browser to transmit data from physical and virtual keyboards. 
  • tracks the redirect chains to detect phishing sites. Kaspersky Protection addon gives additional possibilities to detect phishing sites
  • support Anti-Banner work
  • allows Anti-Banner to block pop-up ads

Regards,

Igor