Kaspersky protected browser and chrome extension stopped working

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello,

One or two weeks ago Kaspersky chrome extension stopped(greyed out) working on my pc. Mainly I use chrome. But it appears to be greyed out in Microsoft edge too. And yesterday protected browser option stopped working on both chrome and edge browsers. I have 3 separate chrome accounts for work, personal stuff etc. It doesn't work in any of these accounts. Tried to reinstall the extension but it doesn't work.  
My specs are - Windows 10 21H2, Kaspersky total security(21.3.10.391).  AMD 5950x, 32GB ram.  
I tried to rename the safeBrowser Common folder but no luck. Issue still persist. I have another pc with windows 10, Kaspersky internet security. It partially work on some browsers on that pc.
Can anyone please help me to fix this issue ? I have reached out to customer support but they haven't responded to me yet. 

Another thing that I have noticed is, Kaspersky chrome extension doesn't appear on chrome webstore search result. I can only find it using the link provided in the Kaspersky notification center.

Thanks. 

ex.JPG

01.JPG

Screenshot (203).png

Capture.JPG

Hello @anubis_gp

Welcome!

1. After you've logged an incident & received an *automated* email, with an Incident reference number - Kaspersky Customer Service may take between 48 hours & up to 5 business days to respond. 

2. Have you received an *automated* email, with an Incident reference number beginning with INC000

3. image.thumb.jpeg.f1bf01f6ad63150591e2a81b1ae793e2.jpeg

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm

• Do the following, follow the *linked* documentation carefully:

4. For all Browsers - run Reset settings

5. Exit *all* browsers, do not restart ATM

6. Uninstall KTS, during the process (you'll) be given the option to save data & tick check boxes - do NOT tick any boxes EXCEPT Save License data - leave every other check box empty/blank -> allow the uninstall Wizard to complete. 

7. Download a new KTS installer: Kaspersky Total Security for Windows®

8. Install & configure KTS & the extensions.

9. Recheck the 'Kaspersky protected browser and chrome extension' issues; if they persist, wait for Kaspersky Customer Service to contact you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Additional resource:

How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

Thank you for help. 
01.02. yes I have received an automated email.  It has been 12 hours so I was bit worried.

03. Tried this and sadly it didn't work. 

04. I was bit hesitant to reset browsers because I have to login to websites again.

08. Do I need to insert the license key again ?  or will it be activated automatically ? 

Will share my feedback once I able to solve this issue.

Again, Thank you for helping me out.

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Hello @anubis_gp

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions!

1. & 2. 12 hours accounts for the incident to go thru the initial stages of processing; do not worry, support will be in touch. IF *after* 5 days, you've not had a Kaspersky human contact (you) via email; post back the Incident reference number please?

3. Was not an instruction for you to try - it was simply showing you the Chrome extension *is* available - in response to (your) comment: "Another thing that I have noticed is, Kaspersky chrome extension doesn't appear on chrome webstore search result."

4. Please perform the Browser reset - it's part of the recovery process!

8. No, you do not need to insert the license key againIF (you) follow the documentation & (our) instructions carefully: As we said above "during the Uninstall process (you'll) be given the option to save data & tick check boxes - do NOT tick any boxes EXCEPT Save License data - leave every other check box empty/blank -> allow the uninstall Wizard to complete." -> this makes sure the key/activation code/license information - is SAVED - in (your) MyKaspersky account - AFTER (you) install KTS & synchronize the KTS app with (your) MyKaspersky account = sign into (your) MyKaspersky account *from* the KTS app, the app will authenticate automatically. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your further assistance.  Customer support also sent me an email. 

I only had to reinstalled Kaspersky. I have installed another version called Kaspersky plus(previously I had total security) as customer supported requested. 

Thanks again for helping me out. Have a nice day !

• Thanks 1