Kaspersky products have lost their accessibility

Dear forum members.

I am a visually impaired Kaspersky user.

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security version 21.3.10.391(j) with Windows 11 22H2. Kaspersky products have had accessibility problems for screen reader users for years.

This situation is fixed with the help of some patches, but it becomes obsolete with some patches.

I've had no problems for a long time, however, as of this day I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings.

The installation of Kaspersky products is not accessible at all anyway. I know that the installation is made accessible with the new generation software. Will there be permanent accessibility improvements in newly released Kaspersky products? It's nice that the setup is designed to be accessible. It is very important for us that this design is also implemented in the general application interface and that it is not lost.

8 hours ago, emrerencber said:

KIS 21.3.10.391(j) W11 22H2.

I am a visually impaired Kaspersky user.

Kaspersky products have had accessibility problems for screen reader users for years.

This situation is fixed with the help of some patches, but it becomes obsolete with some patches.

1. I've had no problems for a long time, however, as of this day I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings.

The installation of Kaspersky products is not accessible at all anyway. I know that the installation is made accessible with the new generation software.

Will there be permanent accessibility improvements in newly released Kaspersky products?

It's nice that the setup is designed to be accessible.

It is very important for us that this design is also implemented in the general application interface and that it is not lost.

Hello @emrerencber

Welcome back!

• ?As per previous posts, we recommend to you the very excellent & highly experienced Turkish Moderator @murat5038
  1. It will help enormously if you'd kindly provide a video of " I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings"; we need to experience what you experience - to understand the issue please? 
  2. Development & enhancement work on the KIS 21.3 application software range ceased some time ago. 
  3. We recommend you (1) check Windows & local desktop settings, (2) Export KIS Settings, next (3) Restore KIS Settings, next (4) shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, by pressing the power button & recheck the issue, if it persists, (5) Uninstall KIS, *saving License information ONLY*, next perform a (6) clean Install KIS, (7) shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, by pressing the power button & recheck the issue, if it persists, (8) log the issue with support. 
  4. As far as the new software range, we recommend you test the Trial software when it becomes available in your region/country. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources: 

• Like 1

Also @emrerencber,

Re "I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings"; we're not convinced the root cause is Kaspersky?

On 1/14/2023 at 6:33 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Ayrıca@emrerencber,

" Tab ve Shift Tab tuşlarıyla program arayüzünde gezinemiyorum, Kaspersky'nin sistem tepsisi ayarlarını duyamıyorum "; asıl nedenin Kaspersky olduğuna ikna olmadık ?

Hello. No problems with keyboard shortcuts. The only problem is within the Kaspersky interface. From time to time the problem is solved, from time to time it starts again. The problem isn't with my computer, my screen reader app, or anything else. The problem is caused by the Kaspersky interface.

54 minutes ago, emrerencber said:

The problem is caused by the Kaspersky interface.

Hello @emrerencber

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the clarification. 

1. Did you restore the Configuration? 
  2. As we said in our first reply, for us to understand the issue - post a video of " I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings"; we need to experience what you experience - ORcontact Kaspersky Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added question
  • Like 1

Thanks Flood for your nice comments too.

Emre, New Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium products have not yet arrived in our country, it would be nice if you evaluate them with the updated product when they arrive. Windows 11 is an OS version still in development. Windows may also have issues accessing some software GUIs. As Windows gets updates, Kaspersky will adapt and fix your problems with such menu accesses with updates.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 8:33 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Ayrıca@emrerencber,

" Tab ve Shift Tab tuşlarıyla program arayüzünde gezinemiyorum, Kaspersky'nin sistem tepsisi ayarlarını duyamıyorum "; asıl nedenin Kaspersky olduğuna ikna olmadık ?

Hello. Thanks for the answer. This issue did not occur after a Windows upgrade. I'm already using Windows 11. This problem did not exist until a few days ago. A Windows update may have caused this situation. I do not know this. But the problem only affects Kaspersky. Normally Kaspersky works more accessible in Windows 11. Accessibility is poorer in Windows 10.
Hello. No problems with keyboard shortcuts. The only problem is within the Kaspersky interface. From time to time the problem is solved, from time to time it starts again. The problem isn't with my computer, my screen reader app, or anything else. The problem is caused by the Kaspersky interface.
  • Confused 1

Hello @emrerencber

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the clarification. 

1. Has the Kaspersky Configuration been restored? 
  2. As we said in our first & second replyfor us to understand the issue - post a video of: " I can't navigate the program interface with Tab and Shift Tab keys, I can't hear Kaspersky's system tray settings"; we need to experience what you experience - ORcontact Kaspersky Support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Kaspersky products have lost their accessibility
  • 11 months later...

Hello,

The screen reader does not read the information of the buttons and check boxes of the antivirus application. More specifically, none of the user interface data is read correctly by the screen reader. Do you do accessibility testing in software development?

can you provide an accessible user interface for the antivirus application that can be used with a screen reader.

Screen reader not speak application interface objects.

I think you can make My Kaspersky portal antivirus management accessibility. If impossible app interface.

Blind computer users accessible means all application interface functions are speak screen readers.

If security reason that, impossible do you can build in speak synthetics application.   

You can read accessibility testing here:

https:// www . freedomscientific . com/products/accessibility-testing/