Kaspersky prevents Windows from going to sleep properly

automaker

I have had this issue for several years. Whenever Kaspersky is installed on my PC, 1 out of 3 times when I put it to sleep, the monitor would turn off, but the power LED and fans would stay on. I cannot wake my PC up by pressing buttons since it didn't go to sleep cleanly, forcing me to do a hard shutdown . It's as if something interferes the process so it just stops half way.

I can confirm it's caused by Kaspersky since as soon as it's uninstalled the problem disappears. In fact I have been using Windows Defender and Bitdefender, each for a year. Never had this once. Two days ago I decided to install Kaspersky again, and the issue has returned right away.

I'm on Windows 10 and have used the following software over the years: Kaspersky Internet Security, Kaspersky Free Cloud and now Kaspersky Free with the new UI. Whenever they are installed, putting to sleep starts to behave like this. I like the software (that's why I keep returning) but being able to put my PC to sleep is important as well. I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Laptop Lenovo Legion win11 23H2 Kaspersky Premium. Trouble waking up after sleeping. Sleep state: Standby (S3). Only one power plan that is Balanced (and after powercfg -restoredefaultschemes). Sfc /scannow OK Note: I have an external mouse and keyboard that allow the system to wake up.

The strange thing I have noticed. When I put it in sleep mode, it wakes up normally. When I leave it alone without work (Balanced option), and it "sleeps" it does not wake up. Perhaps I notice that this is a different sleep. In force sleep everything turns off and the Power button flashes. In the second case it's like the fans are running and the Power button is solidly on. (Here it does not wake up and is forced to power off). (Hibernate is OFF)

Still same problem. Hibernation is disable. Bios is Default - OK. Fast Startup is disable.

The two sleeps seem to be different.

I'll look into disabling kaspersky and see if that makes a difference.

Even when I close the lid (sleep command) it sleeps but not completely and does not wake up like in the balance power plan.

Edited by StePits
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...