Kaspersky Premium v21.13.5.506 and Kaspersky Protection not working on Edge after the update from Kaspersky v21.9.6.465

Hello everybody ?

As the title says, yesterday I've updated Kaspersky Premium, from version 21.9.6.465 to the new version v21.13.5.506, on all the devices connected to its license (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and, since then, on 1 of the 2 laptops and on the desktop the program asks me to install Kaspersky Protection on Microsoft Edge, which I did already with the previous version, and, after re-installing it, Kaspersky Premium doesn't detect it and the extension does not work.

Only on my personal laptop, the last one of the trio, the new Kaspersky Premium v21.13.5.506 detects the extension on Edge and works well as usual.

N.B. I don't use Edge as my main browser on these 3 devices, so this is not a real issue for me, but I just wanted to report this bug, that's all ?

7 hours ago, AragornPT said:

I have the same problem. In new version, Kaspersky Protection in Edge doesn't work, but works fine in Firefox.

Exactly: it works fine on Firefox and Chrome, but not on Edge (apart from my personal laptop, as I said, where it works well on all the browsers installed)

So, the problem is common to windows 10 or 11. A friend reported to me the same problem in latest KIS2021 (21.3.10.391) and Edge. The problem appears to be in the Kaspersky Protection extension 2.4.33.0 updated April 18.

Anyone using Google Chrome browser? The extension is working there? 

Edited by AragornPT
  • Like 1

It's a shame kaspersky support team is ignoring this issue. Also I believe none of the beta testers are using Edge Chromium and Windows 10. I have reproduced this issue in a clean PC, only with Windows 10 22H2 installed and full updated, and Kaspersky Plus 21.13.5.506. When Kaspersky asks to turn on Edge extension, it's installed, but doesn't work (not linked to Kaspersky Plus) This SHOULD BE SOLVED BY SUPPORT/DEV TEAM ASAP. I know a lot of people don't use the extension, but it will be nice to have a 100% working product...

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 5:44 PM, AragornPT said:

The problem was reported to support staff. I have 3 pc's.  All with the same problem with Egde extension not working.

1 hour ago, AragornPT said:

It's a shame kaspersky support team is ignoring this issue

Hello @AragornPT

Welcome!

1. Since logging the issue with Kaspersky support, has there been no response whatsoever? 
  2. Please post the Incident reference number, it's prefixed with INC0000

Thank you?
Flood?+?

9 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @AragornPT

Welcome!

1. Since logging the issue with Kaspersky support, has there been no response whatsoever? 
  2. Please post the Incident reference number, it's prefixed with INC0000

Thank you?
Flood?+?

INC000015267057 - Response finally received:

Please try to reinstall the extension, and check the issue again: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/start/12782#block10 ----> really???? how many times? 10? 20? ( just being sarcastic)

After the update of Edge Chromium to Version 113.0.1774.35, Kaspersky Protection extension works again.

So, the problem was in Microsoft side.

All the people with this problem, should update Edge to latest build.

Case closed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AragornPT said:

After the update of Edge Chromium to Version 113.0.1774.35, Kaspersky Protection extension works again.

So, the problem was in Microsoft side.

All the people with this problem, should update Edge to latest build.

Case closed.

Not in my case, unfortunately: even with Edge v113, Kaspersky Protection is not recognized and enabled by Kaspersky on my 2 computers facing this issue

For all colleagues who are having problems with the extension.

1- Uninstall the extension

2- Close the browser and open it again

3- Install the extension again

4- click on the extension and activate if necessary, by default it will already be active

Direct Link below:

Kaspersky Protection - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Kaspersky Protection 2021 – Get this Extension for ? Firefox (en-US) (mozilla.org)

How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Whenever the extension stopped working I did this procedure, and it always works

4 hours ago, MariuxReloaded said:

Not in my case, unfortunately: even with Edge v113, Kaspersky Protection is not recognized and enabled by Kaspersky on my 2 computers facing this issue

I have a friend saying the same... that's odd.

15 hours ago, promo30 said:

For all colleagues who are having problems with the extension.

1- Uninstall the extension

2- Close the browser and open it again

3- Install the extension again

4- click on the extension and activate if necessary, by default it will already be active

Direct Link below:

Kaspersky Protection - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Kaspersky Protection 2021 – Get this Extension for ? Firefox (en-US) (mozilla.org)

How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Whenever the extension stopped working I did this procedure, and it always works

Nothing, my friend. I did as you said, but the issue still persists

13 hours ago, AragornPT said:

I have a friend saying the same... that's odd.

???

MariuxReloaded:

My friend made a clean install of Windows 10 this afternoon and the extension is working again. Maybe something conflicts with the extension. It's better contact support a send a full system log using kasperky utility.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ATTENTION: Do NOT update your Kaspersky suite.

Final solution for this issue: (issue also happens when updating to 21.14.5.462 - Plus & Premium)

1) Completely uninstall old kaspersky suite from your pc. (Use Kaspersky Remover if not sure or Martau Total uninstall) 

2) Go to Settings -- Apps --- Apps & Features ---> Select Uninstall Microsoft Edge and do a "repair" install when prompted.

3) Restart PC. (important)

4) Install Kaspersky Plus or Premium.

5) When prompted to install edge extension say yes. 

6) Enable extension in Edge. Done. Extension is working again.

(Note: this method was fully tested in windows 10 22H2 in several PC's.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AragornPT said:

ATTENTION: Do NOT update your Kaspersky suite.

Final solution for this issue: (issue also happens when updating to 21.14.5.462 - Plus & Premium)

1) Completely uninstall old kaspersky suite from your pc. (Use Kaspersky Remover if not sure or Martau Total uninstall) 

2) Go to Settings -- Apps --- Apps & Features ---> Select Uninstall Microsoft Edge and do a "repair" install when prompted.

3) Restart PC. (important)

4) Install Kaspersky Plus or Premium.

5) When prompted to install edge extension say yes. 

6) Enable extension in Edge. Done. Extension is working again.

(Note: this method was fully tested in windows 10 22H2 in several PC's.)

I hade 21.13 and installed over 21.14: Edge not function (Chrome yes)

- uninstalled 21.14

- reboot

- Kavremover deleted 21.13

- reboot

- installed 21.14

... so Edge yes function.

I'm sure the cleaned installation is always to prefer, it need for 5 min more but always function.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed Kaspersky Premium 21.14, replacing Kaspersky Total Protection. I have Edge Version 115.0.1901.203 (Official build) (64-bit). The extension does not want to connect and work. It was working perfectly in KTS. How can I fix this?