Kaspersky Plus - Service 21.7 High Memory Usage?

Hi there

New here...and have a question regarding the memory usage of Kaspersky Service 21.7 whilst a Full Scan is ongoing. Am seeing this go as high as 513Mb for extended periods (lowest usage seems to be about 150Mb), and am interested to know as to whether this is expected behaviour or something abnormal? Seems quite high but then again I do not really have a benchmark against which to compare...so wondering what other users are seeing?

Am running Window 11 Home (release channel fully patched).

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Uthred

Edited by Uthred Ragnarson

Hi @Uthred Ragnarson

I just purchased Plus yesterday, so I don't have a lot of history with it. I ran a full scan on my notebook yesterday, then ran another one after I saw your thread. Below is what Task Manager showed during the scan. Maybe the first scan uses more resources then the follow-up scans?

My notebook is Windows 11 Pro 64-bit fully updated. My normal CPU at rest is 0-2%, Memory is usually at about 38%.

2022-08-12_12-23-43.jpg.d2d047d93e0a1a17ce20bfaef1b926df.jpg

And just to follow up. I had not run a Full scan on my desktop PC, and here is where I was at. It stayed within that 235MB range. The PC is 10 Pro 64-bit. Normal at rest CPU is from 3-4, Memory is at about 26%. I don't know if what I've posted helps, other than maybe to help the more advanced members or Mods to offer any follow-up thoughts or advice.

1344488198_kasperskyscanfull.JPG.df931d18e9f35c4e3831eee8d7d1402f.JPG

Edited by jonny quest